moderated more on my jaws issue.

Jim Rawls

Hi all, I cannot install jaws 2021. I am authorized to have it, but it will not install. I downloaded it to my download folder, and that's as far as it goes.

I wrote to FS, and they gave me a case number, and I haven't heard from them since. Since I am authorized to have it, why won't it installs? I know a lot of you have a lot more knowledge about this kind of thing, so if you have some ideas, I would appreciate them. I am running jaws 19 at the moment on a windows ten computer. Jim

Richard Turner

What error are you getting?

Have you tried unloading Jaws 2019 with insert+f4 and running Narrator while you install 2021?

,

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

Hi all, I cannot install jaws 2021. I am authorized to have it, but it will not install. I downloaded it to my download folder, and that's as far as it goes.

I wrote to FS, and they gave me a case number, and I haven't heard from them since. Since I am authorized to have it, why won't it installs? I know a lot of you have a lot more knowledge about this kind of thing, so if you have some ideas, I would appreciate them. I am running jaws 19 at the moment on a windows ten computer. Jim

Kevin Minor

Hi.

Something to check is whether you have the 32 or 64 bit version of the installer, and make sure it matches your Windows OS.

Hope this helps.

Kevin and Jilly, the very empathic, flying doggie

Hi all, I cannot install jaws 2021. I am authorized to have it, but it will not install. I downloaded it to my download folder, and that's as far as it goes.

I wrote to FS, and they gave me a case number, and I haven't heard from them since. Since I am authorized to have it, why won't it installs? I know a lot of you have a lot more knowledge about this kind of thing, so if you have some ideas, I would appreciate them. I am running jaws 19 at the moment on a windows ten computer. Jim

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Kevin. There is no longer a separate 32 and 64-bit installer for JAWS. It is all contained in one installer. Jim is getting an error which just says, "Install Failed".

One thing Jim neglected to tell you is that There is an entry for JAWS 21 under programs and Features with nothing in it, and it won't uninstall.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Something to check is whether you have the 32 or 64 bit version of the installer, and make sure it matches your Windows OS.

Hope this helps.

Kevin and Jilly, the very empathic, flying doggie

Hi all, I cannot install jaws 2021. I am authorized to have it, but it will not install. I downloaded it to my download folder, and that's as far as it goes.

I wrote to FS, and they gave me a case number, and I haven't heard from them since. Since I am authorized to have it, why won't it installs? I know a lot of you have a lot more knowledge about this kind of thing, so if you have some ideas, I would appreciate them. I am running jaws 19 at the moment on a windows ten computer. Jim

Richard Turner

Maybe he needs to reboot in safe mode and manually delete that empty folder?Or call Microsoft Accessibility and get help doing that.

Richard

[...]

Microsoft can't help him boot in safe mode. They don't have any control of his computer in safe mode.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Something to check is whether you have the 32 or 64 bit version of the installer, and make sure it matches your Windows OS.

Hope this helps.

Kevin and Jilly, the very empathic, flying doggie

Hi all, I cannot install jaws 2021. I am authorized to have it, but it will not install. I downloaded it to my download folder, and that's as far as it goes.

I wrote to FS, and they gave me a case number, and I haven't heard from them since. Since I am authorized to have it, why won't it installs? I know a lot of you have a lot more knowledge about this kind of thing, so if you have some ideas, I would appreciate them. I am running jaws 19 at the moment on a windows ten computer. Jim

Loy <loyrg2845@...>

If you have a smart phone with Be My Eyes you can call the Microsoft disability desk with it and then they can help you. I had them to help me change a setting in my BIOS  using the Be My Eyes app.

[...]

I did exactly that, and they told me to go to FS for help, because they said it was a jaws issue.

[...]

Have you tried to redownload the JAWS 2021 file again. It should install weather you have a license or not.

[...]

T. Civitello

I have been following this thread and have two suggestions. 1. Call Freedom Scientific Monday morning. They will get into your computer remotely and resolve the problem.    2. Try one of the registry cleaner programs.  I had a problem where Windows Live Mail would not install for me. I scoured the Internet and followed the suggestion to use a registry cleaner program, tried it and it worked.  Tom