moderated Basic Windows 10 Question

Mark Arnold ABG

Thanks so much…  I did finally locate it…

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Chris via groups.io
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 12:53 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Basic Windows 10 Question

Its now called This PC type it into search to find it

Sent: 20 November 2020 15:22
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Basic Windows 10 Question

List,

How do I see the list of drives on a Windows 10 operating system?  In Windows 7, I opened up “Computer” and found the list of drives i.e. removable drives etc.  Thanks in advance-

Mark

JM Casey

I have my system set to open “this pc” when I press windows key + e. Very quick and convenient.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler
Sent: November 20, 2020 10:34 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Basic Windows 10 Question

Mark:

I have an icon for “this PC” on my computer, and once there, I arrow down to my list of drives which is at the bottom of the listview.  Once there, I right arrow to the drive I want to access.

I have instructions here somewhere for putting the “this PC” icon on the desktop if you want them.  They are not self evident from the start.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Arnold ABG
Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 10:23 AM

List,

How do I see the list of drives on a Windows 10 operating system?  In Windows 7, I opened up “Computer” and found the list of drives i.e. removable drives etc.  Thanks in advance-

Mark

Chris

Its now called This PC type it into search to find it

Sent: 20 November 2020 15:22

List,

Mark

On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 10:22 AM, Mark Arnold ABG wrote:
How do I see the list of drives on a Windows 10 operating system?
-
What used to be Computer/My Computer has been "This PC" in File Explorer since the advent of Windows 8.  If you expand "This PC" in the folder tree view in File Explorer (formerly Windows Explorer) you'll see the list you're expecting to see.  The details regarding the exact type of drive are, of course, over in the file list area.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Tom Behler

Mark:

I have an icon for “this PC” on my computer, and once there, I arrow down to my list of drives which is at the bottom of the listview.  Once there, I right arrow to the drive I want to access.

I have instructions here somewhere for putting the “this PC” icon on the desktop if you want them.  They are not self evident from the start.

Tom Behler

Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 10:23 AM

List,

Mark

Richard Turner

Try windowsKey+e for Explorer.

First letter navigation works here, so if you have drives that are named, you can jump to them with the first letter.

Otherwise, arrow down until you find the drive you want.

On my system, if I press o, I land on the C drive.  It is labeled OSC by default for me.

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

--Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

*I’m not the card shark

Sent: Friday, November 20, 2020 7:23 AM

List,

Mark

Mark Arnold ABG

List,

Mark