moderated Warning, political article link included, concerning Social Security for people with a disability

Richard Turner

If you are receiving Social Security for a Disability, you may want to read this.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/11/16/1996165/-Trump-gives-disabled-people-one-more-kick-in-the-teeth-on-his-way-out-with-cuts-to-Social-Security?detail=emaildkre

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

--Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

*I’m not the card shark

kevin meyers

Richard is this really you?

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 6:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Warning, political article link included, concerning Social Security for people with a disability

If you are receiving Social Security for a Disability, you may want to read this.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/11/16/1996165/-Trump-gives-disabled-people-one-more-kick-in-the-teeth-on-his-way-out-with-cuts-to-Social-Security?detail=emaildkre

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

*I’m not the card shark

Richard Turner

Yes Kevin, it is really me.Are you thinking I know you outside of this list, or just questioning the source?

Richard
"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

On Nov 16, 2020, at 5:23 PM, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Subject: Warning, political article link included, concerning Social Security for people with a disability

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

Vaughn Brown

Thank you, Richard. Informative and well-cited.
Why disabilities benefit policies can improve will be the focus of my graduate thesis.
Best,
Vaughn

On Nov 16, 2020, at 5:27 PM, Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

Yes Kevin, it is really me.Are you thinking I know you outside of this list, or just questioning the source?

Richard
"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

On Nov 16, 2020, at 5:23 PM, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

Randy Barnett

This is just more political propaganda... Which  I thought was off limits here.

On 11/16/2020 4:40 PM, Richard Turner wrote:

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

Fact-based reporting, even with a very strong political slant, isn't propaganda.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Rick Mladek

So be it, take it somewhere else!

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 10:33 PM
Subject: Re: Warning, political article link included, concerning Social Security for people with a disability

Fact-based reporting, even with a very strong political slant, isn't propaganda.

--

~ Lawrence Krauss

On Mon, Nov 16, 2020 at 11:44 PM, Rick Mladek wrote:
So be it, take it somewhere else!
-
I didn't bring it here.  And whether I agree with the slant of the article or not, I personally think what is in it, which can be verified elsewhere, is important enough to warrant mentioning in a venue such as this one.

Some of us don't believe that, "Kill the messenger," is a worthwhile philosophy.

And with that, I'm done.
--

~ Lawrence Krauss

Ashleigh Piccinino

Faulse info, all I’m saying. Please don’t post anything like that on this list.

On Nov 16, 2020, at 7:23 PM, kevin meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

Michael Mote

This article has no business on this list. If a republican would have posted something pro Trump, everybody would be up in arms over it, but this was allowed. Doesn’t seem fair to me.

Political opinions have no place here. Just my two cents. Let’s stick to the reason for this list, and keep our political opinions to ourselves or at least on lists besides this one.

Sent: Monday, November 16, 2020 7:41 PM

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

Jaffar Sidek

And there are people on this list, from outside of America, who are not in the least interested in what goes on politically over there.

On 17/11/2020 9:07 pm, Michael Mote wrote:

This article has no business on this list. If a republican would have posted something pro Trump, everybody would be up in arms over it, but this was allowed. Doesn’t seem fair to me.

Political opinions have no place here. Just my two cents. Let’s stick to the reason for this list, and keep our political opinions to ourselves or at least on lists besides this one.

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

Tyler Wood

This is fact and nothing more. This isn’t slanted in any shape or form apart from the article’s wording. Doesn’t change the fact it is fact. Not sure how anyone can claim otherwise.

I don’t live in America myself but I think this is perfectly relevant especially in these times to post here. This is especially so given that this screen reader costs money for upkeep.

Thank you for posting.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Michael Mote
Sent: Tuesday, November 17, 2020 7:08 AM
Subject: Re: Warning, political article link included, concerning Social Security for people with a disability

Richard

*I’m not the card shark