moderated Usin Standard View in GMAIL

turab chimthanawala

Hi all,
I have enabled the Keyboard commands in Standard View. However, they
are not working. For instance, after choosing mails received from a
Sender 'through the search function' I wish to delete all of them at
once. However, the * command for 'selecting all mails' is not working.
Other commands such as 'e' for archive are also not working.
What mistake am I making?
Thanking you
Best
Turab

Cohn, Jonathan

Hello,
I have found from the documentation and then testing that you have to type the star (asterisk) followed very quickly by a to select all conversations. The reverse of this is star N.
There is the possibility of changing this setting but the table to modify keyboard shortcuts is not veery intuitive.
Jonathan

On Nov 14, 2020, at 08:10, turab chimthanawala <turabhvc@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
I have enabled the Keyboard commands in Standard View. However, they
are not working. For instance, after choosing mails received from a
Sender 'through the search function' I wish to delete all of them at
once. However, the * command for 'selecting all mails' is not working.
Other commands such as 'e' for archive are also not working.
What mistake am I making?
Thanking you
Best
Turab

turab chimthanawala

Thanks

On 14-Nov-2020, at 11:52 PM, Cohn, Jonathan via groups.io <jonathan.c.cohn=icloud.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

brian albriton

I am not familiar with these keyboard commands where would I find them? All the best brian

On Nov 14, 2020, at 5:57 PM, turab chimthanawala <turabhvc@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Brian. Try,

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/6594?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en