moderated Focus 40 & jaws reading question

Cohn, Jonathan

Still not clear to me. Do you want jaws to echo every character you type when using a regular keyboard, but only words when using the Perkins keyboard on your Braille display? The insert 2 keystroke should  cycle through the levels of keyboard feedback, but I don't believe there is anyway to have the feedback different for Perkins vs QWERTY.

Rayn Darren

My apologies, I wasn’t clear. What I’m looking to do is set a function where when the focus braille keyboard is used, words are spoken by jaws. Only using that keyboard. Is that possible?

On Nov 13, 2020, at 4:32 PM, Stephanie <naturelovingmom@gmail.com> wrote:

 I have the same problem with it speaking every character. I also cant mute thespeech as insert+space does not work.

Steph

On 14 Nov 2020, at 11:29 am, Rayn Darren <rayndarren@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi all,
I just got a Focus 40 5th generation and have a question. I hope it’s possible to set jaws to speak words only while the focus keyboard is used? It would really help me when I’m editing documents and posts for podcasts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Sarah

Stephanie