Topics

moderated Silencio, Correct 1, Download Link

On Fri, Nov 13, 2020 at 01:47 PM, Richard Turner wrote:
the one with the z is some Italian software that hasn’t been updated since 2013.
-
Indeed, because it hasn't been because it hasn't had any reason to be.  A program doing something as basic as Silenzio (which is correct) does is likely to remain un-updated "forever."

This is the source software.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Richard. Actually, both are spelled with a Z. Mike spelled it wrongly in the subject line.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 10:47 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Silencio, Correct 1, Download Link

I have no need for this as my sound card in my Del laptop is working fine.

However, I noticed that the download from Sourceforge was spelled with a z not a c.  the one with the z is some Italian software that hasn’t been updated since 2013.

The one Mike is posting is spelled with a c and is likely what folks are looking for.

Spelling counts.

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

--Douglas Adams, from Life, The Universe and Everything, p.59

Check out my web site at: www.turner42.com

*I’m not the card shark

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mike B
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 10:36 AM
To: JList <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: Silencio, Correct 1, Download Link

Hi All,

Here's a direct download link for the correct Silencio.  I'm running this 1 myself.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

Dave Durber

Richard:

Like you, the sound card for my HP laptop was working fine with no problem, after I installed Windows 10. However, after about 3 months, for no reason, JAWS would stop speaking, audio files and audio in vidio files sometimes did not play at all or, they would play but, there would be little breaks of silence or, the audio would become choppy. since I installed Silenzio, there are times where JAWS will stop speaking for no apparent reason butthe the good thing is, all my audio files and audio in video files, so far, now play properly.

When I installed Windows 10 on the other computers we have, before installing JAWS, I used Narrator to installed Silenzio on them, to hedge my bets to potentially avoid this problem occurring on those systems as well.

I never needed a program like Silenzio using Windows XP or Windows 7 because, I never had the type of audio problems in the way I have with Windows 10.

Dave

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 6:47 PM
Subject: Re: Silencio, Correct 1, Download Link

However, I noticed that the download from Sourceforge was spelled with a z not a c.  the one with the z is some Italian software that hasn’t been updated since 2013.

The one Mike is posting is spelled with a c and is likely what folks are looking for.

Spelling counts.

Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of flying.

There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."

*I’m not the card shark

Hi All,

Here's a direct download link for the correct Silencio.  I'm running this 1 myself.

Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government program.

Richard Turner

Spelling counts.

Richard

*I’m not the card shark

Hi All,

Mike B

Hi All,