How can I get to a message balloon that popped up?

Richard B. McDonald

Hi!

Sometimes, a message balloon pops up advising me of something, such as an update for Java being ready to install.  Typically, I ignore these because I just cannot get to it to “click” on it.  How can I get to these message balloons?

Thanks,

Richard

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

First, We’d need to know which version of Windows you are using.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

Sometimes, a message balloon pops up advising me of something, such as an update for Java being ready to install.  Typically, I ignore these because I just cannot get to it to “click” on it.  How can I get to these message balloons?

Thanks,

Richard

Jason White

Try Windows+a and check whether they appear as notifications in the Action Center.

Sometimes, a message balloon pops up advising me of something, such as an update for Java being ready to install.  Typically, I ignore these because I just cannot get to it to “click” on it.  How can I get to these message balloons?

Thanks,

Richard

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Jason, do you know if Richard is using Windows 10? If not, this command will make no sense in Windows 7.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

Try Windows+a and check whether they appear as notifications in the Action Center.

Sometimes, a message balloon pops up advising me of something, such as an update for Java being ready to install.  Typically, I ignore these because I just cannot get to it to “click” on it.  How can I get to these message balloons?

Thanks,

Richard

Jason White

To clarify, no, I don’t know the solution for versions prior to Windows 10.

Jason, do you know if Richard is using Windows 10? If not, this command will make no sense in Windows 7.

Try Windows+a and check whether they appear as notifications in the Action Center.

Sometimes, a message balloon pops up advising me of something, such as an update for Java being ready to install.  Typically, I ignore these because I just cannot get to it to “click” on it.  How can I get to these message balloons?

Thanks,

Richard

Peter Tesar

I believe that for versions before Windows 10, you can click on the balloon, while it is present, with the Jaws left click. That is, the slash on the number pad.

Peter T.

On 1/4/2018 8:17 PM, Jason White via Groups.Io wrote:

To clarify, no, I don’t know the solution for versions prior to Windows 10.

Jason, do you know if Richard is using Windows 10? If not, this command will make no sense in Windows 7.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

Try Windows+a and check whether they appear as notifications in the Action Center.

Sometimes, a message balloon pops up advising me of something, such as an update for Java being ready to install.  Typically, I ignore these because I just cannot get to it to “click” on it.  How can I get to these message balloons?

Thanks,

Richard

Yes, in Windows 7 you should press the virtual left mouse button (the Numpad Slash, beside the Numlock) as soon as you hear such a notification. It may not be foolproof, but it does work in many situations.

Jason, do you know if Richard is using Windows 10? If not, this command will make no sense in Windows 7.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

Try Windows+a and check whether they appear as notifications in the Action Center.

Sometimes, a message balloon pops up advising me of something, such as an update for Java being ready to install.  Typically, I ignore these because I just cannot get to it to “click” on it.  How can I get to these message balloons?

Thanks,

Richard

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi again, Richard. One thing you can do either in Windows 7 or Windows 10 is to go into the Ease of Access Center, and change how long a balloon remains on the screen. I have mine set to 20 seconds. Then it is easier to click on the balloon either with the Left Mouse Click on the Number Pad with Windows 7, or WINDOWS key plus A for Windows 10.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

Sometimes, a message balloon pops up advising me of something, such as an update for Java being ready to install.  Typically, I ignore these because I just cannot get to it to “click” on it.  How can I get to these message balloons?

Thanks,

Richard

Brice Mijares <bricemijares@...>

Is a message balloon the same as a toast?

Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com
Sometimes, a message balloon pops up advising me of something, such as an update for Java being ready to install.� Typically, I ignore these because I just cannot get to it to �click� on it.� How can I get to these message balloons?
Thanks,
Richard

Mario

yes, even with with NVDA, that's how it is done. as soon as the
notification pops up, click it.

Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com <mailto:Billwhite92701@dslextreme.com>

Try Windows+a and check whether they appear as notifications in the
Action Center.

Sometimes, a message balloon pops up advising me of something, such as
an update for Java being ready to install.  Typically, I ignore these
because I just cannot get to it to “click” on it.  How can I get to
these message balloons?

Thanks,

Richard

Mario

yes. in windows 10 it's called a tost notification, in windows Vista, 7
and 8/8.1 it's a notification balloon.

Sometimes, a message balloon pops up advising me of something, such as
an update for Java being ready to install.� Typically, I ignore
these because I just cannot get to it to �click� on it.� How can
I get to these message balloons?

Thanks,

Richard

.

Brice Mijares <bricemijares@...>

Thank You Mario. I thought so, but wasn't completely sure.

On 1/5/2018 6:47 AM, Mario wrote:
yes. in windows 10 it's called a tost notification, in windows Vista, 7
and 8/8.1 it's a notification balloon.
Sometimes, a message balloon pops up advising me of something, such as
an update for Java being ready to install.� Typically, I ignore
these because I just cannot get to it to �click� on it.� How can
I get to these message balloons?
Thanks,
Richard
.

Richard B. McDonald

Hi Bill and Others!

I am on Windows 7.  Thus, this is properly called a "notification balloon."  So, it would seem that the only way to get at them is to use the virtual cursor with a numpad left-click.  And, to that end, increasing the notification balloon's appearance duration via Bill's suggestion below makes doing this a bit easier.  Am I correct here?

Thanks,

Richard