From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Friday, November 13, 2020 3:25 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: reading footnotes in a word document

Hi, I’m using the most recent version of Jaws2020 and word 2016. When just reading a word document is it possible to setup Jaws so footnotes are visable without pressing the windows key plus ;? I know when I move through the document someone else has created, I wouldn’t know there were footnotes unless I was told. I guess I could always look using the windows plus ; keys. Yet if someone is just reading a book on a recreational basis will they know there are footnotes? What about Kindle? Thanks, Kevin

kevin meyers

I pressed the jaws key, 0 and then v. That doesn’t do anything. I then pressed jaws key o and v. That didn’t do anything. When Jaws reads your text below it says jaws key zero volt. Is that some special key?

The trick is, while in word, to invoke the word specific jaws settings with jawskey0v and search for “ui” this is uig or something and relates to a Microsoft setting. Uncheck the box, and make sure footnotes are set to be read in place. Then I think you will be ok.

                                                            Hope this helps,

                                                            Takis