moderated Jaws announcing columns and rows

Sterling France

Hello:

Is there a way to have jaws stop announcing columns and rows?

Thanks for any help.

Sterling

Fran-Coa Real Estate & Mgmt., LLC

Sterling N. France, President

Accredited Buyer Representative [ABR]

“Where quality service is our main objective”

2901 Druid Park Dr.  Ste. 212

Baltimore, MD  21215

410-383-1111

410-383-3311 FAX

info@...

www.francoa.com

Our goal is to make your real estate experience a pleasant one.

If you are pleased with our service, tell a friend.

Mike B

You didn't state any particular program so, while in the program or application press, Insert + V, to open Jaws quick settings.  Now navigate down through all the various settings to see if any column and row settings options are available.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 1:47 PM
Subject: Jaws announcing columns and rows

Hello:

Is there a way to have jaws stop announcing columns and rows?

Thanks for any help.

Sterling

Fran-Coa Real Estate & Mgmt., LLC

Sterling N. France, President

Accredited Buyer Representative [ABR]

“Where quality service is our main objective”

2901 Druid Park Dr.  Ste. 212

Baltimore, MD  21215

410-383-1111

410-383-3311 FAX

info@...

www.francoa.com

Our goal is to make your real estate experience a pleasant one.

If you are pleased with our service, tell a friend.

Phil Cox

Hello

If you are talking about the column and row titles of tables on web pages, I sent an e-mail to Vispero support asking when they were going to add this verbosity choice to the Quick settings when the chromium version of Microsoft Edge came out. I have never recieved an answer yet.

Internet Explorer has this choice in its Quick settings but Edge, Google Chrome and Firefox do not.

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 1:47 PM

Hello:

Is there a way to have jaws stop announcing columns and rows?

Thanks for any help.

Sterling

Fran-Coa Real Estate & Mgmt., LLC

Sterling N. France, President

Accredited Buyer Representative [ABR]

“Where quality service is our main objective”

2901 Druid Park Dr.  Ste. 212

Baltimore, MD  21215

410-383-1111

410-383-3311 FAX

info@...

www.francoa.com

Our goal is to make your real estate experience a pleasant one.

If you are pleased with our service, tell a friend.

Sterling France

Mike:

I did that and there were no settings saying columns or rows.

There were some I thought might turn off columns and rows but, I was afraid to click on it and messed something I could not straighten out.

Thanks for your help.

Have a great day.

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 1:47 PM

Hello:

Is there a way to have jaws stop announcing columns and rows?

Thanks for any help.

Sterling

Fran-Coa Real Estate & Mgmt., LLC

Sterling N. France, President

Accredited Buyer Representative [ABR]

“Where quality service is our main objective”

2901 Druid Park Dr.  Ste. 212

Baltimore, MD  21215

410-383-1111

410-383-3311 FAX

info@...

www.francoa.com

Our goal is to make your real estate experience a pleasant one.

If you are pleased with our service, tell a friend.

Bob Kennedy

To make changes like you want, you need to be in Excel first. Then insert V will bring up the options you are trying to find. In the edit field, type in the word title. Don't hit enter, the options will show up below. Arrow down and I think what you want is Define Name Column and Row Titles Override. If I remember correctly, you need to check that box in order to avoid hearing the row and column headings. Sounds backwards I know but try it. If it doesn't work, you can go back and change it back.

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 1:47 PM

Hello:

Is there a way to have jaws stop announcing columns and rows?

Thanks for any help.

Sterling

Fran-Coa Real Estate & Mgmt., LLC

Sterling N. France, President

Accredited Buyer Representative [ABR]

“Where quality service is our main objective”

2901 Druid Park Dr.  Ste. 212

Baltimore, MD  21215

410-383-1111

410-383-3311 FAX

info@...

www.francoa.com

Our goal is to make your real estate experience a pleasant one.

If you are pleased with our service, tell a friend.

Mario

what program are you asking about?

info@francoa.com <mailto:info@francoa.com>

www.francoa.com <http://www.francoa.com>

Our goal is to make your real estate experience a pleasant one.

If you are pleased with our service, tell a friend.

You didn't state any particular program so, while in the program or
application press, Insert + V, to open Jaws quick settings.  Now
navigate down through all the various settings to see if any column and
row settings options are available.

Take care and stay safe.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.  Go Rams!
Main's Law:  For every action there is an equal and opposite government
program.

Is there a way to have jaws stop announcing columns and rows?

Thanks for any help.

Sterling

Fran-Coa Real Estate & Mgmt., LLC

Sterling N. France, President

Accredited Buyer Representative [ABR]

“Where quality service is our main objective”

2901 Druid Park Dr.  Ste. 212

Baltimore, MD  21215

410-383-1111

410-383-3311 FAX

info@francoa.com <mailto:info@francoa.com>

www.francoa.com <http://www.francoa.com>

Our goal is to make your real estate experience a pleasant one.

If you are pleased with our service, tell a friend.

Sterling France

The program is my Real Estate MLS program.

[...]

Bob:

It did not work.

Thanks, Sterling

Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2020 1:47 PM

Hello:

Is there a way to have jaws stop announcing columns and rows?

Thanks for any help.

Sterling

Fran-Coa Real Estate & Mgmt., LLC

Sterling N. France, President

Accredited Buyer Representative [ABR]

“Where quality service is our main objective”

2901 Druid Park Dr.  Ste. 212

Baltimore, MD  21215

410-383-1111

410-383-3311 FAX

info@...

www.francoa.com

Our goal is to make your real estate experience a pleasant one.

If you are pleased with our service, tell a friend.

Jim Pursley

I'm getting into this thread late.  Sorry if I repeat anything.

I've been using the  column and row marking protocol in Excel for a couple of JAWS iterations.  The quick settings for title reading override should indeed be off (mine is).

I'm assuming that your MLS spreadsheet does not mark column and row titles.

Here's what I do

You can do this from the Excel menus, too on the Formula tab. Just arrow down to define name and you'll find how to do it.  I only use the menu option to modify or delete titles I've already entered through the define name choice in Excel's applications key.

So go to the upper left cell of your spreadsheet (point the pc cursor there)

Open the applications key

Hit Define Name

Enter titleregion 1..cell address of the lower right cell.

Hit enter and you should be good to go

It's possible to set only row or only column titles but I've not done it in so long that I've forgotten.

You can set a Region II or III but you need to make it out of your title 1 range.

You  probably don't need to use the words titleregion (number) but I find it easiest as I don't have super complicated spreadsheets.

If your define name function doesn't work after you've clicked off the override selection in quick settings, you may have a protected sheet on your hands.  If so, just follow the instructions to save a copy.

The system I describe above is a major, major major (Catch 22 reference) improvement over the old system which required one to manipulate the quick settings.

Cheers.

You can