moderated I broke my alt-tab how do I get it back?

Sharon

I went into settings and screwed something up, but do not know what I screwed up.

It was somewhere in settings system, and may have been in actions or something but I’m not sure.

Maybe something to do with the task bar.

I won’t fool around again without recording what steps I took so I can reverse them if it doesn’t work out.

In the meantime, Microsoft Disability put my windows in a floating state of some kind and I can get between them with windows-tab and then left and right arrows in the running applications list and pressing enter for whatever I want.

I was fooling around somewhere using the following as a guide.

Any ideas appreciated.

Sharon

Settings, System, Notifications & Actions Pane.  Navigate down to the list under Get Notifications from these senders and toggle off every single one of them where you do not need or want a notification "in real time".  Almost everything defaults to ON initially, so if you've never visited this list in the past you'll likely be toggling a very great many things OFF.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian Vogel
Sent: Thursday, November 5, 2020 1:42 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Notification hell!

One can also greatly reduce the incidence of notifications, period, by disallowing them for any apps where you don't consider getting them in a really timely manner to be important.

Settings, System, Notifications & Actions Pane.  Navigate down to the list under Get Notifications from these senders and toggle off every single one of them where you do not need or want a notification "in real time".  Almost everything defaults to ON initially, so if you've never visited this list in the past you'll likely be toggling a very great many things OFF.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

What are your Windows Version and Build Numbers?   There is a change in ALT+TAB default behavior with the introduction of Version 20H2 and I suspect that's what's going on.  The settings you refer to have nothing to do with ALT+TAB behavior.

I don't want to get into the 20H2 "change back" steps unless I know you have 20H2.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 2004, Build 19041  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss