moderated jaws script

Jerry hathaway

I need to create a script to read the labels of combo boxes in a program. I am running windows 7 with jaws 2019. When I open the program and then select the sub window which contains information on the person I am looking at. As I scroll down the page each line is a combo box edit field. Jaws reads it as combo box and not the name of the combo edit box. Any help will be appreciated.
Jerry

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Just use the custom label option in jaws. insert plus the number to then scroll down to custom labels while focuses on the control you want to label then you label it and repeat as needed.

Randy Barnett

On Nov 8, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Jerry hathaway <jerry.hathaway2@...> wrote:

I need to create a script to read the labels of combo boxes in a program. I am running windows 7 with jaws 2019. When I open the program and then select the sub window which contains information on the person I am looking at. As I scroll down the page each line is a combo box edit field. Jaws reads it as combo box and not the name of the combo edit box. Any help will be appreciated.
Jerry

Marty Hutchings

Randy, Did you mean Insert + F2 instead    sd of 2?

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Monday, November 09, 2020 3:20 PM
Subject: Re: jaws script

Just use the custom label option in jaws. insert plus the number to then scroll down to custom labels while focuses on the control you want to label then you label it and repeat as needed.

Randy Barnett

On Nov 8, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Jerry hathaway <jerry.hathaway2@...> wrote:

I need to create a script to read the labels of combo boxes in a program. I am running windows 7 with jaws 2019. When I open the program and then select the sub window which contains information on the person I am looking at. As I scroll down the page each line is a combo box edit field. Jaws reads it as combo box and not the name of the combo edit box. Any help will be appreciated.
Jerry

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Sorry about that. You’re right of course. :-)

Randy Barnett

Sent: Monday, November 09, 2020 3:20 PM

Just use the custom label option in jaws. insert plus the number to then scroll down to custom labels while focuses on the control you want to label then you label it and repeat as needed.

Randy Barnett

On Nov 8, 2020, at 8:01 PM, Jerry hathaway <jerry.hathaway2@...> wrote:

I need to create a script to read the labels of combo boxes in a program. I am running windows 7 with jaws 2019. When I open the program and then select the sub window which contains information on the person I am looking at. As I scroll down the page each line is a combo box edit field. Jaws reads it as combo box and not the name of the combo edit box. Any help will be appreciated.
Jerry

Cohn, Jonathan

Or you could ask the vendor to follow WCAG and label their input fields appropriately.
This is usually not very difficult to do.