moderated JAWS with Trend Micro AntiVirus Software

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Hello Everyone,

It looks like my company is going to replace the Symantec antivirus software they currently have on our laptops with Trend Micro antivirus software.

I have had some bad experiences in the past with JAWS and some of these antivirus packages.

Has anyone had any experience with having this software on their computers?  Does it block JAWS from doing anything?

Thanks for any responses.

Pam

Tom Behler

Pam:

I currently use the Trend Micro anti-virus software on both this Windows 10 computer, and on an older Windows 7 machine.

For the most part, the software just does its thing in the background.

Sometimes, it interferes a bit with Jaws focus, but I haven’t found the issue to be significant.

You will get notifications that tell you about any viruses that have been found, and I have found these notifications to be fairly readable with Jaws without too many exceptions.

I hope this helps.

Tom Behler

It looks like my company is going to replace the Symantec antivirus software they currently have on our laptops with Trend Micro antivirus software.

I have had some bad experiences in the past with JAWS and some of these antivirus packages.

Has anyone had any experience with having this software on their computers?  Does it block JAWS from doing anything?

Thanks for any responses.

Pam

Mark Fisher

Hi

I've used Trend for a number of years. Whilst as Tom says, the notifications n recieved are readable, I've found navigating around the actual console not very usable. I've raised this every year with Trend however they don't seem to have made much change in the accessibility aspect. I continue to use it because its been a very good protection tool. Happy to here from others if they have had different experiences. Be prepared to use the JAWS cursor, PictureSmart and other  features a bit.
--
Mark Fisher
Principal - HR Systems

Emre Rencber

I'm using Kaspersky Total Security. İt is accessible. Of course it is
purfectly antivirus.

Hi

I've used Trend for a number of years. Whilst as Tom says, the notifications
n recieved are readable, I've found navigating around the actual console not
very usable. I've raised this every year with Trend however they don't seem
to have made much change in the accessibility aspect. I continue to use it
because its been a very good protection tool. Happy to here from others if
they have had different experiences. Be prepared to use the JAWS cursor,
PictureSmart and other  features a bit.
--
Mark Fisher
Principal - HR Systems
Water Corporation

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Thank you all for your feedback.

Outside of using the Trend console itself, does it cause any disruption with using JAWS?

Thanks again.