moderated JAWS with Trend Micro AntiVirus Software

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Hello Everyone,

It looks like my company is going to replace the Symantec antivirus software they currently have on our laptops with Trend Micro antivirus software.

I have had some bad experiences in the past with JAWS and some of these antivirus packages.

Has anyone had any experience with having this software on their computers?  Does it block JAWS from doing anything?

Thanks for any responses.

Pam

Tom Behler

Pam:

I currently use the Trend Micro anti-virus software on both this Windows 10 computer, and on an older Windows 7 machine.

For the most part, the software just does its thing in the background.

Sometimes, it interferes a bit with Jaws focus, but I haven’t found the issue to be significant.

You will get notifications that tell you about any viruses that have been found, and I have found these notifications to be fairly readable with Jaws without too many exceptions.

I hope this helps.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND
Sent: Wednesday, November 4, 2020 6:10 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS with Trend Micro AntiVirus Software

Hello Everyone,

It looks like my company is going to replace the Symantec antivirus software they currently have on our laptops with Trend Micro antivirus software.

I have had some bad experiences in the past with JAWS and some of these antivirus packages.

Has anyone had any experience with having this software on their computers?  Does it block JAWS from doing anything?

Thanks for any responses.

Pam

Mark Fisher

Hi

I've used Trend for a number of years. Whilst as Tom says, the notifications n recieved are readable, I've found navigating around the actual console not very usable. I've raised this every year with Trend however they don't seem to have made much change in the accessibility aspect. I continue to use it because its been a very good protection tool. Happy to here from others if they have had different experiences. Be prepared to use the JAWS cursor, PictureSmart and other  features a bit.
--
Mark Fisher
Principal - HR Systems
Water Corporation

Emre Rencber

I'm using Kaspersky Total Security. İt is accessible. Of course it is
purfectly antivirus.

2020-11-06 14:40 GMT+03:00, Mark Fisher <fishsilv@iinet.net.au>:

Hi

I've used Trend for a number of years. Whilst as Tom says, the notifications
n recieved are readable, I've found navigating around the actual console not
very usable. I've raised this every year with Trend however they don't seem
to have made much change in the accessibility aspect. I continue to use it
because its been a very good protection tool. Happy to here from others if
they have had different experiences. Be prepared to use the JAWS cursor,
PictureSmart and other  features a bit.
--
Mark Fisher
Principal - HR Systems
Water Corporation

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Thank you all for your feedback.

Outside of using the Trend console itself, does it cause any disruption with using JAWS?

Thanks again.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Fisher via groups.io
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2020 6:41 AM
Subject: Re: JAWS with Trend Micro AntiVirus Software

Hi

I've used Trend for a number of years. Whilst as Tom says, the notifications n recieved are readable, I've found navigating around the actual console not very usable. I've raised this every year with Trend however they don't seem to have made much change in the accessibility aspect. I continue to use it because its been a very good protection tool. Happy to here from others if they have had different experiences. Be prepared to use the JAWS cursor, PictureSmart and other  features a bit.
--
Mark Fisher
Principal - HR Systems
Water Corporation

Tom Behler

Pamela:

As I think I said the other day, I find that Trend Micro does occasionally cause some disruptions when using Jaws, but the disruptions have been minimal compared to what used to happen with the older Norton Antivirus, for example.

Most of the time, the program runs in the background with no negative effects.  Plus, I’m told when a scan is about to start so I can prepare if needed.

Tom Behler

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2020 7:48 AM

Outside of using the Trend console itself, does it cause any disruption with using JAWS?

Thanks again.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Mark Fisher via groups.io

Hi

--
Mark Fisher
Principal - HR Systems
Water Corporation

Ekstrand, Pamela A. -ND

Thanks, Tom.  I think I am just kind of skittish because I have been a long time JAWS user and recall some bad experiences many years ago with JAWS and some of the anti-virus software.

I will be installing it next week and hope there are no negative impacts.

Thanks,

Pam

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Tom Behler via groups.io
Sent: Friday, November 6, 2020 10:12 AM

Pamela:

As I think I said the other day, I find that Trend Micro does occasionally cause some disruptions when using Jaws, but the disruptions have been minimal compared to what used to happen with the older Norton Antivirus, for example.

Most of the time, the program runs in the background with no negative effects.  Plus, I’m told when a scan is about to start so I can prepare if needed.

Tom Behler

Sent: Friday, November 6, 2020 7:48 AM

Thanks again.

Hi

--
Mark Fisher
Principal - HR Systems
Water Corporation

Mark Fisher

Hi Pam

I've not seen Trend interfere with JAWS at all - its never blocked anything or caused any issues to my knowledge.

Hope it works for you.
--
Mark Fisher
Principal - HR Systems
Water Corporation