moderated Amazon Kindle books and best way to read

Jim Portillo

              Greetings,

I was gifted an eBook that someone really wants me to read. It’s an Amazon Kindle book. I seem to remember JAWS not doing well with such books a while back, but I don’t know if it has improved. What about on the iPhone? Is that any better?

If anyone has any advice on how to best read this eBook, please share your ideas.

Thanks much.

Jim

paul lemm

Hi,

If you have an Amazon echo (The Alexa smart speaker) it can read your Kindle book, I think the built in Alexa voice actually does a pretty good job  sound wise when reading kindle books.

Paul Lemm

I was gifted an eBook that someone really wants me to read. It’s an Amazon Kindle book. I seem to remember JAWS not doing well with such books a while back, but I don’t know if it has improved. What about on the iPhone? Is that any better?

If anyone has any advice on how to best read this eBook, please share your ideas.

Thanks much.

Jim

Shirley Tracy

I use the I-phone to read Kindle books with no problem. I haven’t tried using my Alexa for it.

Shirley Tracy

If you have an Amazon echo (The Alexa smart speaker) it can read your Kindle book, I think the built in Alexa voice actually does a pretty good job  sound wise when reading kindle books.

Paul Lemm

I was gifted an eBook that someone really wants me to read. It’s an Amazon Kindle book. I seem to remember JAWS not doing well with such books a while back, but I don’t know if it has improved. What about on the iPhone? Is that any better?

If anyone has any advice on how to best read this eBook, please share your ideas.

Thanks much.

Jim

Pat Byrne

Jim,
I have the Kindle app. on my iPhone and it does a good job of reading. You have the SIRI voice, it ain't NLS, but it is a decent way to go. I can read brand new books in series and by authors that I like and, later if and when they make NLS, I can re-read if I wish.
Hope that helps.
Pat ByrneAt 02:15 PM 10/28/2020, you wrote:

Greetings,

I was gifted an eBook that someone really wants me to read. It's an Amazon Kindle book. I seem to remember JAWS not doing well with such books a while back, but I don't know if it has improved. What about on the iPhone? Is that any better?

If anyone has any advice on how to best read this eBook, please share your ideas.

Thanks much.

Jim

Soronel Haetir

I still use calibre to convert kindle books to plain text (note this
requires that you keep kindle stunted at a fairly old version as
recent ones have DRM that calibre can't deal with).

--
Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@gmail.com

Richard B. McDonald

The Windows Kindle app together with its accessibility plug-in works great for me.  I use it regularly to read Kindle books on my laptop.

I was gifted an eBook that someone really wants me to read. It’s an Amazon Kindle book. I seem to remember JAWS not doing well with such books a while back, but I don’t know if it has improved. What about on the iPhone? Is that any better?

If anyone has any advice on how to best read this eBook, please share your ideas.

Thanks much.

Jim

Sharon

Where do you get the plug in?

Is there a way to search a 1500 page book reliably? Using Jaws?

Sharon

The Windows Kindle app together with its accessibility plug-in works great for me.  I use it regularly to read Kindle books on my laptop.

I was gifted an eBook that someone really wants me to read. It’s an Amazon Kindle book. I seem to remember JAWS not doing well with such books a while back, but I don’t know if it has improved. What about on the iPhone? Is that any better?

If anyone has any advice on how to best read this eBook, please share your ideas.

Thanks much.

Jim

Russell Solowoniuk

Hi Jim,

The Kindle app on the iPhone works great with voiceover. I’ve never tried to read kindle books with jaws.

Hope this helps,

Russell

On Oct 28, 2020, at 1:15 PM, Jim Portillo <portillo.jim@...> wrote:

              Greetings,

I was gifted an eBook that someone really wants me to read. It’s an Amazon Kindle book. I seem to remember JAWS not doing well with such books a while back, but I don’t know if it has improved. What about on the iPhone? Is that any better?

If anyone has any advice on how to best read this eBook, please share your ideas.

Thanks much.

Jim

Adrian Spratt

Sharon, I have a note that since JAWS 2018, there is no longer any need to install the plug-in.

Is there a way to search a 1500 page book reliably? Using Jaws?

Sharon

The Windows Kindle app together with its accessibility plug-in works great for me.  I use it regularly to read Kindle books on my laptop.

I was gifted an eBook that someone really wants me to read. It’s an Amazon Kindle book. I seem to remember JAWS not doing well with such books a while back, but I don’t know if it has improved. What about on the iPhone? Is that any better?

If anyone has any advice on how to best read this eBook, please share your ideas.

Thanks much.

Jim

Tim Grady

I still use codex because you can easily convert to however it is easiest to
read them.

I have the Kindle app. on my iPhone and it does a good job of reading. You
have the SIRI voice, it ain't NLS, but it is a decent way to go. I can read
brand new books in series and by authors that I like and, later if and when
they make NLS, I can re-read if I wish.
Hope that helps.
Pat ByrneAt 02:15 PM 10/28/2020, you wrote:

Greetings,

I was gifted an eBook that someone really wants me to read. It's an
Amazon Kindle book. I seem to remember JAWS not doing well with such
books a while back, but I don't know if it has improved. What about on
the iPhone? Is that any better?

If anyone has any advice on how to best read this eBook, please share
your ideas.

Thanks much.

Jim

helmuth

Hi Paul! What if I want to read a book in a foreign language with my amazon echo? Does it recognize the right language?
Thanks in advance, Helmuth

Am 28.10.2020 um 20:41 schrieb paul lemm via groups.io:

Hi,

If you have an Amazon echo (The Alexa smart speaker) it can read your Kindle book, I think the built in Alexa voice actually does a pretty good job  sound wise when reading kindle books.

Paul Lemm

I was gifted an eBook that someone really wants me to read. It’s an Amazon Kindle book. I seem to remember JAWS not doing well with such books a while back, but I don’t know if it has improved. What about on the iPhone? Is that any better?

If anyone has any advice on how to best read this eBook, please share your ideas.

Thanks much.

Jim

paul lemm

Hi Helmuth,

I’ve never actually tried reading a book in another language, so not sure if that will work or not on an Amazon Echo.

Paul