Topics

moderated Using Edge with JAWS

Amanda Berkley

Hey ya'll,

I recently gave up the IE ghost, and find Edge to be useable.

I was wondering, is there a keystroke or an easy way to access your
favorites? For example, in IE, it was alt+a... but I don't see
anything like that in Edge. I use my favorites a lot, so was hoping
someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Amanda

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Amanda. The following two Edge shortcuts may be helpful to you, especially the latter.

Ctrl + Shift + B
Show or hide the favorites bar

Ctrl + Shift + O
Open Favorites management

Bill White
billwhite92701@dslextreme.com

I recently gave up the IE ghost, and find Edge to be useable.

I was wondering, is there a keystroke or an easy way to access your
favorites? For example, in IE, it was alt+a... but I don't see
anything like that in Edge. I use my favorites a lot, so was hoping
someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Amanda

Robert Cole

Hi,

try

alt+f then O.

On 10/27/2020 5:39 PM, Amanda Berkley wrote:
Hey ya'll,

I recently gave up the IE ghost, and find Edge to be useable.

I was wondering, is there a keystroke or an easy way to access your
favorites? For example, in IE, it was alt+a... but I don't see
anything like that in Edge. I use my favorites a lot, so was hoping
someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Amanda

Don H

I just switched to Edge from Groogle Chrome and find it works well with both NVDA and Jaws.  I have it set to show the favorites bar.  To get to favorites I just tab until I hear favorite bar then use the right arrow key to go through my favorites.

On 10/27/2020 5:29 PM, Robert Cole via groups.io wrote:
Hi,

try

alt+f then O.

On 10/27/2020 5:39 PM, Amanda Berkley wrote:
Hey ya'll,

I recently gave up the IE ghost, and find Edge to be useable.

I was wondering, is there a keystroke or an easy way to access your
favorites? For example, in IE, it was alt+a... but I don't see
anything like that in Edge. I use my favorites a lot, so was hoping
someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Amanda

Randy Barnett

I find the favorites and edge almost unusable. I know they’re supposed to be accessible, but half the time jaws won’t read the list box after tab and tabs out his forms mode tab back hit forms mode tab back again it’s really frustrating. A lot of people are putting their favorites folder from their users account on a desktop and accessing their favorites that way.

Randy Barnett

On Oct 27, 2020, at 2:40 PM, Amanda Berkley <amanda1226@gmail.com> wrote:

Hey ya'll,

I recently gave up the IE ghost, and find Edge to be useable.

I was wondering, is there a keystroke or an easy way to access your
favorites? For example, in IE, it was alt+a... but I don't see
anything like that in Edge. I use my favorites a lot, so was hoping
someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Amanda

Amanda Berkley

Thank ya'll!!! Alt+F+O works great!!

That's a much shorter way of getting to my favorites, I appreciate it!!

Thanks,
Amanda

On 10/27/20, Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

David Moore

Yes there is! Hold down the control and shift and tap o. That brings up the favorites manager where you can see your favorites and organize them into folders. David Moore

On Tue, Oct 27, 2020, 5:40 PM Amanda Berkley <amanda1226@...> wrote:
Hey ya'll,

I recently gave up the IE ghost, and find Edge to be useable.

I was wondering, is there a keystroke or an easy way to access your
favorites? For example, in IE, it was alt+a... but I don't see
anything like that in Edge. I use my favorites a lot, so was hoping
someone could point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
Amanda

Adrian Spratt

Hi, Bill.

When I press control-shift-b, nothing seems to happen. I get no verbalization from JAWS, and I can't detect any change in behavior.

I'm relying on my favorites folder on the desktop to open Edge favorites, but I'd prefer to work from within Edge, if it's feasible.

Would you explain what I should look for when I press the shift-control-b command?

Thanks.