using scanner with JAWS

Marianne Denning

I have a Kannon scanner I use with my Kurzweil. I need to scan in
documents and create PDFs with the scanner but not Kurzweil. Will
JAWS help me do this? If so, is there other information I need?

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...>

You can use the virtual printer possibly in jaws to help you do this I hope it helps you read PDF documents anyway as far as scanning freedom scientific has something called open book.

Gwen and the great Orb
sent from my iPhone 5s
"a dog has many friends because he wags his tail and not his tongue "
Anonymous"

On Mar 21, 2016, at 1:26 PM, Marianne Denning <marianne@denningweb.com> wrote:

I have a Kannon scanner I use with my Kurzweil. I need to scan in
documents and create PDFs with the scanner but not Kurzweil. Will
JAWS help me do this? If so, is there other information I need?

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Marianne Denning

I need to create the documents, not read them.  I will just use the scanner without Kurzweil.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...>

Freedom scientific has open book which I assume is similar to Kurzweil don't know what the difference in cost is.

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Gwensinfo <gwensinfo@...>

If you are actually wanting to use the scanner to create a PDF document, you can use Microsoft document imaging and once it is created, you can do print and select PDF creator is your printer take care

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Mario

Marianne, if the scanner has buttons in the front, one of them might perform the scanning of a document and saving it into a PDF.

wrote:

I have a Kannon scanner I use with my Kurzweil. I need to scan in
documents and create PDFs with the scanner but not Kurzweil. Will
JAWS help me do this? If so, is there other information I need?

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

David Moore

Thanks,
I always wondered how people scanned PDF documents in the work place. Is MS document imaging what people always use when they send you a PDF to read? Have a great one. I love to learn every day!

--
Marianne Denning, TVI, MA
(513) 607-6053

Gwen Givens <gwensinfo@...>

Okay, this is what I do if I hae scanned a document through openbook, and then I decide that someone else, who does not need a program such as openbook, to see my document through pdf.

I run Microsoft document imaging, which is in the office tools, and then once it has been scanned and placed in a tif file, I do a control p as if going to print. I have pdf creator on my computer, and so I select that as my default printer. I name the document and, usually because I want to keep a digital copy myself, I save it to my documents. I then email that as an attachment to the person who needs to see it. By the way, when you are in the document imaging program, after the first page, it gives you the ability to scan the next page, or to say ‘done’ and proceed to the conversion to tif. I hope this is not too confusing. It has worked well. the version of pdf creator works well with jaws, and so does the Microsoft document imaging program.

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

(513) 607-6053

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

I think it’s a part of Office, but has to be separately installed.  Most, if not all, scanners come with OEM software, the accessibility of which can vary widely.

Ted

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

(513) 607-6053

Tom Macha <toml614@...>

Hello everyone, I have found that the, “paper port” software was at one time very useful with Jaws. Although I must admit it has been some time since I have used it.

--

Marianne Denning, TVI, MA

(513) 607-6053