vlc and Jaws 17

Lauren Snyder

Hi,

I found the vlc media player, installed it, and got as far as hearing music on the dvd I put in. I pressed enter as instructed, but nothing happens except the music keeps continuing and the movie doesn’t start.

Help please!

Sincerely,

Lauren

Debbie April Yuille

Hi Lauren

I just sent a message to you mentioning VLC. Now, what you do is go to the menu bar and find playback. Activate that, then arrow down until you find the title sub menu open that and click on the title that you want to play. Also, don’t forget to google “VLC Media Player for windows keyboard shortcuts”

HTH

Debbie

Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 1:08 AM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi,

I found the vlc media player, installed it, and got as far as hearing music on the dvd I put in. I pressed enter as instructed, but nothing happens except the music keeps continuing and the movie doesn’t start.

Help please!

Sincerely,

Lauren

Lauren Snyder

Hi Debbie,

Yahay! Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 10:20 AM
Subject: Re: vlc and Jaws 17

Hi Lauren

I just sent a message to you mentioning VLC. Now, what you do is go to the menu bar and find playback. Activate that, then arrow down until you find the title sub menu open that and click on the title that you want to play. Also, don’t forget to google “VLC Media Player for windows keyboard shortcuts”

HTH

Debbie

Hi,

Help please!

Sincerely,

Lauren

Debbie April Yuille

It makes such a difference discovering those menus. Like you I was really stuck.

Debbie

Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 1:24 AM

Hi Debbie,

Yahay! Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Hi Lauren

HTH

Debbie

Hi,

Help please!

Sincerely,

Lauren

Lisle, Ted (CHFS DMS)

Some titles can be cranky.  Open Media, an uncheck disk menus.  This ought to allow the disk to play straight through.  about all you’ll lose is the movie’s run time. It’ll even allow you to play MASH trouble free. And any player. that can do that is a certified winner.  You are substituting the program’s simple menu structure for the disk’s, which can be arcane, to say the least.

Ted

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 10:08 AM

Hi,

Help please!

Sincerely,

Lauren

David Moore

Hi Guys,
I love VLC and use it to play all audio and video files. I am so glad you are figuring things out from the menus. The menus are the secret to using VLC and the short cuts you mensioned. I switched to VLC in September and have not looked back Lol. I use it with JAWS 17 and win10. It is my default music and video player. Have a great one.

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 10:25 AM

It makes such a difference discovering those menus. Like you I was really stuck.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Yahay! Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Hi Lauren

HTH

Debbie

Hi,

Help please!

Sincerely,

Lauren

Debbie April Yuille

Hi David

You don’t happen to know if it can remember playback positions in a file, do you?

Debbie

Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 8:07 AM

Hi Guys,

I love VLC and use it to play all audio and video files. I am so glad you are figuring things out from the menus. The menus are the secret to using VLC and the short cuts you mensioned. I switched to VLC in September and have not looked back Lol. I use it with JAWS 17 and win10. It is my default music and video player. Have a great one.

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Yahay! Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Hi Lauren

HTH

Debbie

Hi,

Help please!

Sincerely,

Lauren

David Moore

Hi Debbie,
I know that with an add on, it can do as you say. I am not sure which add on it is or where to find it. Take care, and I wish you the best.

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 11:02 PM

Hi David

You don’t happen to know if it can remember playback positions in a file, do you?

Debbie

Hi Guys,

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Yahay! Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Hi Lauren

HTH

Debbie

Hi,

Help please!

Sincerely,

Lauren

Debbie April Yuille

Thanks.

Sent: Tuesday, 22 March 2016 3:56 PM

Hi Debbie,

I know that with an add on, it can do as you say. I am not sure which add on it is or where to find it. Take care, and I wish you the best.

Sent: Monday, March 21, 2016 11:02 PM

Hi David

Debbie

Hi Guys,

Debbie

Hi Debbie,

Yahay! Thank you.

Sincerely,

Lauren

Hi Lauren

HTH

Debbie

Hi,

Help please!

Sincerely,

Lauren