Topics

moderated where to set volume control

Shirley Tracy

Hi Everyone,

I’m using a desktop computer running Windows 10 and JAWS 2020, latest update. This may seem like a silly question, but I haven’t needed to change volume for JAWS in a very long time. Now, for some reason, the sound that comes through my ear buds is so loud it’s painful. I can’t seem to find where I turn volume up or down. Please, someone help. I want to keep my ears.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Shankar C

Hi
to get rid out from the volume notification, press insert space with grov key.

On 10/14/20, Shirley Tracy <shirleytracy16@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

I’m using a desktop computer running Windows 10 and JAWS 2020, latest
update. This may seem like a silly question, but I haven’t needed to change
volume for JAWS in a very long time. Now, for some reason, the sound that
comes through my ear buds is so loud it’s painful. I can’t seem to find
where I turn volume up or down. Please, someone help. I want to keep my
ears.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

----------
email: harshalgips@gmail.com
msn: harshalgips@hotmail.com
skype: shankar.a
mobile:+919945860671
thanks and regards
shankar

Laura Shumate <larelishumate@...>

Hi Shirley,
If you have elaquence voices enabled you cannot adjust the volume
through the adjust Voice dialogue. If you are using the Vocal
Expressive voices you can go to Voices submenu, adjust voices and then
click on the PC Cursor Voice and tab over to the volume setting. I
don't know why you cannot adjust the volume of the elequence voice. If
you want to adjust that volume you need to go to Go up to the Edit
Field that acts like a Search Box and then go to application volume.
Laura Shumate
I T
larelishumate@gmail.com

Kevin Minor

Hi Shirley.

Go to the system tray with either JAWS+F11 or WINDOWS+B. In either case, you’re looking for your sound device. It will have a percentage after it, which is its main volume setting. Right click on it. If you used the JAWS method to get there, it’s something you can TAB to to activate it. Once you do that, you’ll be in a menu. If you want to change the volume of all your sounds, choose the sound option. If you just want to change the JAWS volume, activate the Volume mixer.

Hope this helps.

Have a blessed day and don’t work too hard.

Kevin and Jilly the flying doggie

I’m using a desktop computer running Windows 10 and JAWS 2020, latest update. This may seem like a silly question, but I haven’t needed to change volume for JAWS in a very long time. Now, for some reason, the sound that comes through my ear buds is so loud it’s painful. I can’t seem to find where I turn volume up or down. Please, someone help. I want to keep my ears.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

G. Gray

Hi Shirley-

Well, I'm using windows 7 and Jaws 2020 latest update...here's how I do it.

1.  Press insert key and f-11 for sys tray

2.  Arrow down to speakers and hit enter

3.  look for 'Open volume mixer' and hit enter

4.  Tab over until you hear Jaws volume for windows

Hope this helps!!!!

I am Listening for the Shout!,
(1 Thessalonians 4:17-18)

George

I have only just a minute,
Only sixty-seconds in it.
Didn’t seek it, didn’t choose it,
forced upon me, can’t refuse it.
But up to me just how I use it.
I must suffer if I lose it.
Give account if I abuse it.
Just a tiny little minute,
But eternity is in it.
Ephesians 5:16
Redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
On 10/13/2020 9:21 PM, Shirley Tracy wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I’m using a desktop computer running Windows 10 and JAWS 2020, latest update. This may seem like a silly question, but I haven’t needed to change volume for JAWS in a very long time. Now, for some reason, the sound that comes through my ear buds is so loud it’s painful. I can’t seem to find where I turn volume up or down. Please, someone help. I want to keep my ears.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Avast logo

Marty Hutchings

Insert space with grov key didn't work for me for volume setting status. I usually go to the system tray by hitting Insert and F11 and then arrowing down to Speakers and pressing Enter. This will open the system volume controls. You will find the main volume and the JAWS volume here. They are sliders that you can adjust with your Up and Down arrows. HTH.

Love in Christ
Marty

[...]

Thank you all for your help. The first time I tried doing it, nothing happened. Then I went back and tried it again. This time it worked.

This list is amazing.

Shirley

Shirley Tracy

Insert space with grov key didn't work for me for volume setting status.  I

usually go to the system tray by hitting Insert and F11 and then arrowing

down to Speakers and pressing Enter.  This will open the system volume

controls.  You will find the main volume and the JAWS volume here.  They are

sliders that you can adjust with your Up and  Down arrows.  HTH.

Love in Christ

Marty

If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with William

Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and

fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1, 2020

--

----------"Life without God is like an unsharpened pencil - it has no

point."

email: harshalgips@...