moderated How do i sync my desktope across multiple computers, using oneDrive?

Jessica D <jldail13@...>

Hi,

I want to sync the contents of my desktop across multiple computers, using OneDrive.

I already have a “desktop” folder in my OneDrive.

Can anyone help me from there?

Thanks,

Jessica

Randy Barnett

I can tell you how to make windows look at that folder but the problem you’re going to have is none of your shortcuts that weren’t created on that system aren’t gonna work.
Go to this computer users your user folder then you go to the desktop folder don’t open it. Press alt plus enter then control tab till you get to the location tab. Now tab to change location.Press enter on it and navigate Press enter on it and navigate to the desktop folder in your one drive. Then select that folder and click OK.It will ask you if you want to move the contents of that desktop folder to the one drive desktop folder. So you press it will ask you if you want to move the contents of that desktop folder to the one drive desktop folder. So you press yes if you do know if you don’t.

Randy Barnett

On Oct 3, 2020, at 6:19 PM, Jessica D <jldail13@...> wrote:

Hi,

I want to sync the contents of my desktop across multiple computers, using OneDrive.

I already have a “desktop” folder in my OneDrive.

Can anyone help me from there?

Thanks,

Jessica

Randy Barnett

I forgot to mention, that you can do this for all your documents downloads favorites folders and if you ever lose your hard drive they’ll all be on one drive and when you reinstall windows you just point them at the one drive folder after it downloads and it’ll all be back just like it was before.