moderated Jaws and internet link problem

Phil Cox

Hello All

Having a problem with Jaws as follows:

I go to my newspaper server website and log in with no problem.
I initiate the listing of newspaper links and chose a news paper with no problem as well.
The newspaper's listing of sections is read by Jaws and displayed but when a sections link is chosen the listing of articles do not appear. I can still arrow around to the different section link choices but the articles never come up.

This happens with Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox used as browsers.
I am assuming this is a Jaws problem as everything works fine if I switch over to Windoweyes.

Has anybody had a similar problem and how did you fix it?

TIA

Phil

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

I been noticing that this kind of thing is happening more and more. Sometimes useing the tuch cursor: insert and the numpad plus key twice, will show you the info and once you find it you can focus the PC cursor on it. But this is hit or miss at best.

On 10/2/2020 8:13 AM, Phil Cox wrote:
Hello All

Having a problem with Jaws as follows:

I go to my newspaper server website and log in with no problem.
I initiate the listing of newspaper links and chose a news paper with no problem as well.
The newspaper's listing of sections is read by Jaws and displayed but when a sections link is chosen the listing of articles do not appear. I can still arrow around to the different section link choices but the articles never come up.

This happens with Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox used as browsers.
I am assuming this is a Jaws problem as everything works fine if I switch over to Windoweyes.

Has anybody had a similar problem and how did you fix it?

TIA

Phil

Randy Barnett <blindmansbluff09@...>

Also try Chrome  or useing the Jaws cursor. also you can try the Jaws 2021 beta and see if it fixes the issue.

On 10/2/2020 8:13 AM, Phil Cox wrote:
Hello All

Having a problem with Jaws as follows:

I go to my newspaper server website and log in with no problem.
I initiate the listing of newspaper links and chose a news paper with no problem as well.
The newspaper's listing of sections is read by Jaws and displayed but when a sections link is chosen the listing of articles do not appear. I can still arrow around to the different section link choices but the articles never come up.

This happens with Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox used as browsers.
I am assuming this is a Jaws problem as everything works fine if I switch over to Windoweyes.

Has anybody had a similar problem and how did you fix it?

TIA

Phil

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Phil. Have you tried JAWS key plus ESCAPE to refresh the screen, not the page? This often resolves these kinds of problems, where you press a link, and the page doesn't seem to change at all.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I go to my newspaper server website and log in with no problem.
I initiate the listing of newspaper links and chose a news paper with no problem as well.
The newspaper's listing of sections is read by Jaws and displayed but when a sections link is chosen the listing of articles do not appear. I can still arrow around to the different section link choices but the articles never come up.

This happens with Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox used as browsers.
I am assuming this is a Jaws problem as everything works fine if I switch over to Windoweyes.

Has anybody had a similar problem and how did you fix it?

TIA

Phil

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi again, Phil. Another thing to try is to use the links list (JAWS key plus F7). First find the link, then choose Move to Link. Then, once you know you are moved to the link, choose the link again from the links list, and choose Activate Link, and press ENTER. Sometimes this works to bring up the link when simply pressing ENTER or SPACE doesn't activate the link.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

I go to my newspaper server website and log in with no problem.
I initiate the listing of newspaper links and chose a news paper with no problem as well.
The newspaper's listing of sections is read by Jaws and displayed but when a sections link is chosen the listing of articles do not appear. I can still arrow around to the different section link choices but the articles never come up.

This happens with Edge, Internet Explorer and Firefox used as browsers.
I am assuming this is a Jaws problem as everything works fine if I switch over to Windoweyes.

Has anybody had a similar problem and how did you fix it?

TIA

Phil

Tammy Freitag

I have the same problem.  I have tried lining up the links and still do not have any success.  I have the same problem with buttons.  Would love to learn a way around this.

Take care!

Tammy

[...]

Richard Turner

Which web site?

Richard

[...]

Justin Williams

You can also use rout jaws to the virtual cursor, and double click it with the left mouse button.

Justin

[...]

Hi Bill

Thanks for the suggestions. I will let you know what happens.

Phil

[...]

Hello again

Well, the Jawskey+F7 listing of links, choosing the link and then using the activate button worked.
The screen refresh did nothing.
I still do not understand why this started as it worked fine a week and a half ago.
Thanks to  Bill and anybody else that replied with suggestions.
Phil