Jaws & Win10 Latest

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi All,

Running J16 thru J2018 & Widows 10 latest.  Whenever I invoke the, Insert / Jaws key + F10, keystroke to open the Jaws task list dialogue I have the following listed / showing:

Cortana   On Top
Main Menu   On Top
Microsoft Store
Maximized Microsoft Store   Restored
Microsoft® Windows® Operating System   On Top
OneNote   Maximized
OneNote   Restored
Settings   Maximized
Settings   Restored
Start   On Top
Windows Shell Experience Host   On Top
Windows Shell Experience Host   Restored

My question, how do I stop all the above crap from showing in the Task list?!  This is really irritating!
All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.  A very happy & prosperous New Year to all.

Sugar Lopez <sugarsyl71@...>

Amen

I alsl want to know

Running J16 thru J2018 & Widows 10 latest.  Whenever I invoke the, Insert / Jaws key + F10, keystroke to open the Jaws task list dialogue I have the following listed / showing:

Cortana   On Top
Main Menu   On Top
Microsoft Store
Maximized Microsoft Store   Restored
Microsoft® Windows® Operating System   On Top
OneNote   Maximized
OneNote   Restored
Settings   Maximized
Settings   Restored
Start   On Top
Windows Shell Experience Host   On Top
Windows Shell Experience Host   Restored

My question, how do I stop all the above crap from showing in the Task list?!  This is really irritating!

All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.  A very happy & prosperous New Year to all.

Maria Campbell

You might try typing background in the search bar, then choose which background apps run under system settings, press enter and turn off the ones you don't want.

Maria Campbell
lucky1inct@...

--St. Francis

On 12/29/2017 3:16 PM, Mike B. wrote:

Hi All,

Running J16 thru J2018 & Widows 10 latest.  Whenever I invoke the, Insert / Jaws key + F10, keystroke to open the Jaws task list dialogue I have the following listed / showing:

Cortana   On Top
Main Menu   On Top
Microsoft Store
Maximized Microsoft Store   Restored
Microsoft® Windows® Operating System   On Top
OneNote   Maximized
OneNote   Restored
Settings   Maximized
Settings   Restored
Start   On Top
Windows Shell Experience Host   On Top
Windows Shell Experience Host   Restored

My question, how do I stop all the above crap from showing in the Task list?!  This is really irritating!
All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.  A very happy & prosperous New Year to all.

Brice Mijares <bricemijares@...>

You might try windows key and type in select which Icons appear on the task bar.

Sieghard Weitzel <sieghard@...>

I also get the “Main Menu”, but it only shows up when I reboot or turn the computer on after it was off, once I close it it’s gone.

Things like OneNote, Settings etc. you might want to check your Startup folder to see if any shortcuts/programs are being launched.

Regards,

Sieghard

Running J16 thru J2018 & Widows 10 latest.  Whenever I invoke the, Insert / Jaws key + F10, keystroke to open the Jaws task list dialogue I have the following listed / showing:

Cortana   On Top
Main Menu   On Top
Microsoft Store
Maximized Microsoft Store   Restored
Microsoft® Windows® Operating System   On Top
OneNote   Maximized
OneNote   Restored
Settings   Maximized
Settings   Restored
Start   On Top
Windows Shell Experience Host   On Top
Windows Shell Experience Host   Restored

My question, how do I stop all the above crap from showing in the Task list?!  This is really irritating!

All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.  A very happy & prosperous New Year to all.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Maria,

Tried all that, & I still have the same list of things showing in the Jaws Task List dialogue.  Thanks much.

Sent: Friday, December 29, 2017 12:51 PM
Subject: Re: Jaws & Win10 Latest

[...]

Hi Brice,

That didn't help at all, same items show in the Jaws Task List dialogue.  Thanks much.

Sent: Friday, December 29, 2017 1:14 PM

You might try windows key and type in select which Icons appear on the
task bar.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Sieghard,

None of these items are in the Start folder, but thanks for the suggestion, that's something that didn't cross my mind.  Thanks much.

Running J16 thru J2018 & Widows 10 latest.  Whenever I invoke the, Insert / Jaws key + F10, keystroke to open the Jaws task list dialogue I have the following listed / showing:

Cortana   On Top
Main Menu   On Top
Microsoft Store
Maximized Microsoft Store   Restored
Microsoft® Windows® Operating System   On Top
OneNote   Maximized
OneNote   Restored
Settings   Maximized
Settings   Restored
Start   On Top
Windows Shell Experience Host   On Top
Windows Shell Experience Host   Restored

My question, how do I stop all the above crap from showing in the Task list?!  This is really irritating!

All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.  A very happy & prosperous New Year to all.

Mario

where is the startup folder located? I don't find it in the usual place
(windows key, up arrow to all programs, right arrow and start arrowing
down, s section doesn't have a startup folder.).

*None of these items are in the Start folder, but thanks for the
suggestion, that's something that didn't cross my mind.  Thanks much.*
Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In
the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.

*Running J16 thru J2018 & Widows 10 latest.  Whenever I invoke the,
Insert / Jaws key + F10, keystroke to open the Jaws task list dialogue I
have the following listed / showing:*

*Cortana   On Top **
*Main Menu   On Top *
*Microsoft Store *
*Maximized Microsoft Store   Restored *
*Microsoft® Windows® Operating System   On Top *
*OneNote   Maximized *
*OneNote   Restored *
*Settings   Maximized *
*Settings   Restored *
*Start   On Top *
*Windows Shell Experience Host   On Top *
*Windows Shell Experience Host   Restored**

*My question, how do I stop all the above crap from showing in the Task
list?! This is really irritating!*

*All help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks much.  A very happy &
prosperous New Year to all.*

*Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.**
*Arguing with a woman is like reading a software license agreement.  In
the end you have to ignore everything, & click I agree.**

ely.r@...

Mario,
Here is a link to running and using the startup folder.
https://winaero.com/blog/how-to-add-or-remove-startup-apps-in-windows-10/
In Windows 10 it is easy. You can find and open the startup list by pressing
the start button and in the search field type startup and press enter.
The items in the list can be disabled by selecting the desired item and
either right clicking or using the context menu and selecting disable.
Rick

where is the startup folder located? I don't find it in the usual place
(windows key, up arrow to all programs, right arrow and start arrowing down,
s section doesn't have a startup folder.).

*None of these items are in the Start folder, but thanks for the suggestion,
that's something that didn't cross my mind.  Thanks much.* Take care.
Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.
[...]

*Take care.  Mike.  Sent from my iBarstool.** *Arguing with a woman is like
reading a software license agreement.  In the end you have to ignore
everything, & click I agree.**

Mario

thanks Rick.

[...]

.

Mike B. <mb69mach1@...>

Hi Mario,

Press the Windows key to open the Start menu, arrow to Programs, right arrow to open, arrow down to, Start-up submenu, & right arrow to open.

[...]

following your steps, there is no startup folder. from spoonbill games,
one down arrow gets me sticky notes.

[...]

I'm sorry, but being new to Widows 10 I forgot that by default everything is in Tile sort mode.  Try using up / down / left / & right arrow keys.  I don't know if that'll help, but it won't take but a few seconds to try.