saying jaws command keys through speech recognition

mike mcglashon

Hi guys:

First, merry Christmas and such;

Second, I received a new wireless headset/microphone for xmas;

I would like to be able to issue jaws key commands by voice through the windows speech recognition program.

What command would I say for wsr to type an insert-downarrow for jaws to read the rest of a file?

So, instead of pressing the insert-downarrow manually, I wish to tell wsr to do it;

When I try the command:

“press insert-downarrow” it just dings at me like it doesn’t know the type of command;

Yet,

When I tell wsr to just simply move down, or press downarrow, it knows those commands;

This is what makes me think I could issue voice driven jaws commands?

Please advise?

Mike m.

Carol Smith

It has been a long time since I tried this, but you could also try saying press insert key plus down arrow key.  My take on this would be that it is faster to just go ahead and press it my self, grin.  Merry Christmas.

Carol

On 12/25/2017 11:12 AM, mike mcglashon wrote:

Hi guys:

First, merry Christmas and such;

Second, I received a new wireless headset/microphone for xmas;

I would like to be able to issue jaws key commands by voice through the windows speech recognition program.

What command would I say for wsr to type an insert-downarrow for jaws to read the rest of a file?

So, instead of pressing the insert-downarrow manually, I wish to tell wsr to do it;

When I try the command:

“press insert-downarrow” it just dings at me like it doesn’t know the type of command;

Yet,

When I tell wsr to just simply move down, or press downarrow, it knows those commands;

This is what makes me think I could issue voice driven jaws commands?

Please advise?

Mike m.

mike mcglashon

This is true, but I’m not always near keyboard;

Hence the reason for headset with mic for dictation to the computer.

[...]

nd did it work or not? What kind of headset are you using? I need to find one I can use with my new Win10 PC. Thanks.

Carol

mike mcglashon

First Merry Christmas Carroll:

Well, it sort of works,
I can listen to things pretty far away about 40 ft or so;
I do notice a couple of things:
Using a wireless Logitech headset with mic;
Windows10 and jaws 2018;
I first notice that many times when I tell it a command, instead of
executing it, the wsr types it into the document I was trying to read with
insert-downarrow which is supposed to read to end of document.
Second, like right now, when I told it to open outlook, it just dinged at me
like it didn't know what I am saying.
I think it should have worked better because sometime back prior to the
headset, I trained wsr to hear my voice and it sort of did it sometimes;

nd did it work or not? What kind of headset are you using? I need to find
one I can use with my new Win10 PC. Thanks.

Carol

Carol Smith

Thanks and of course, Merry Christmas to you, also. I have my Win10 PC, but have not done much with it yet. I did play around with Dictating a little with Win7, but that has been a few years ago. I do not currently have a decent microphone, so thought I might consider BlueTooth. My new PC is supposed to have BlueTooth on it. I really should take the time to get my programs moved over so I won't need to keep going back to the old one. You know how hectic it can get this time of year! Maybe things will slow down a little now that Winter is here. I don't like going out in the cold and snow.

Again, I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Carol