From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of NFB Lab 4
Sent: Saturday, September 19, 2020 5:39 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Excel and JAWS Question

This message was sent from outside of Boeing. Please do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know that the content is safe.

Try moving down column A. Then using insert up arrow to read each line. Some of the smaller spreadsheets make it easier to understand that way.

On Sep 19, 2020, at 1:12 AM, Bob Kennedy <intheshop@...> wrote:

As far as being able to compete with a sighted user, the quick answer is no. You can get close if you have a fantastic memory and can remember all of the Jaws commands for reading. Don't mean to be discouraging, I'm being honest, which a lot of people don't like.

On Friday, September 18, 2020, 12:42:14 PM EDT, Walker, Michael E <michael.e.walker3@...> wrote:

Hi,

What is the fastest way to get familiar with a large spreadsheet for the first time using JAWS, if you have no idea what is in it? My co-worker told me that as soon as she opens a spreadsheet, she can immediately see everything she needs to know on screen. I am trying to learn if there is a way to use a computer as fast as someone who can see in every situation. I am totally blind.

Thanks,

Mike