Topics

moderated Office365: Word

Van Lant, Robin

I’m not sure if this will help, but want to offer out a thing to play with.  First, press just the alt key to get focus to the ribbon, then hit the application key or Shift F10 to open the context menu.  I see two menu options, The first is to customize the ribbon. The second says “Collapse the ribbon”.  If “Collapse the Ribbon” is checked, uncheck it.  Sighted people will often use this to free up visual real estate on the screen, but what it does for us is requires that after hitting say, Alt H, to get to the home ribbon, you then have to hit down arrow once to open that lower ribbon before you can tab to the options. 

Robin

Office 365 and JAWS 2020.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of HH. Smith Jr.
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2020 8:31 PM
To: jfw@groups.io
Subject: Office365: Word

Hi,

Has anyone encountered the situation where the menu bar opens with JAWS annunciating menu has pop up; but when you hit enter or spacebar nothing happens. It is driving me nuts. I am trying to sort a list of items but it will not let me get to the sort button in the Home menu.

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost as a result of any transmission errors. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you have received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy.

This communication is for informational purposes only, is not an offer, solicitation, recommendation or commitment for any transaction or to buy or sell any security or other financial product, and is not intended as investment advice or as a confirmation of any transaction. Any market price, indicative value, estimate, view, opinion, data or other information herein is not warranted as to completeness or accuracy, is subject to change without notice, and KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. accepts no liability for its use or to update or keep it current. Any views or opinions are those of the individual sender, not necessarily of KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc.

The sender of this communication is a licensed securities representative employed by or associated with KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Member FINRA/SIPC and may also represent KeyBank National Association (“KeyBank N.A.”). Securities products and services are offered by KeyBanc Capital Markets Inc. Banking products and services are offered by KeyBank N.A.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key send an e-mail to DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi CathyAnne,

I tried it but it did not work. A checkbox with that name did not appear in the list. Does it matter what version of Office365 you are using? I am using the enterprise version.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of CathyAnne Murtha
Sent: Friday, August 28, 2020 12:29 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io; jfw@groups.io
Subject: Re: Office365: Word

Try this.

1. Open the ribbon search edit field (ALT-Q)

2. Input - Switch Ribbons

3. Press DOWN ARROW until “Switch Ribbons” is selected

If it’s checked, Press ENTER to uncheck it. That should fix the issue.

CathyAnne

---

CathyAnne Murtha

Access Technology Institute

(520) 955-6611

CathyAnne Murtha

CEO

Access Technology Institute, LLC

Phone: (520) 955-6611

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 7:30 PM -0700, "HH. Smith Jr." <josham129@...> wrote:

Hi,

Has anyone encountered the situation where the menu bar opens with JAWS annunciating menu has pop up; but when you hit enter or spacebar nothing happens. It is driving me nuts. I am trying to sort a list of items but it will not let me get to the sort button in the Home menu.

CathyAnne Murtha

Try this.

1. Open the ribbon search edit field (ALT-Q)
2. Input - Switch Ribbons
3. Press DOWN ARROW until “Switch Ribbons” is selected

If it’s checked, Press ENTER to uncheck it. That should fix the issue.

CathyAnne

---
CathyAnne Murtha
Access Technology Institute
www.blind.training
cathy@...
(520) 955-6611

CathyAnne Murtha
CEO
Access Technology Institute, LLC
www.blind.training
cathy@...
Phone: (520) 955-6611

On Thu, Aug 27, 2020 at 7:30 PM -0700, "HH. Smith Jr." <josham129@...> wrote:

Hi,

HH. Smith Jr.

Hi,