list view and tree views in Filezilla

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Hi,

Using Jaws 2018 latest update, latest FileZilla under W10 64 bit

While moving up and down lists of files  on a remote site in FileZilla,Jaws informs me that the display frequently changes from the desired list view to the undesirable tree view. Sometimes, by hitting shift tab the display can be changed back to the list view but not for long unfortunately.

Is there a way to force either Jaws or FileZilla to stay in a list view rather than frequently changing  into the tree view?

Thanks

Tom

Richard Turner

Hi,

I’m using JAWS 2018 version 1712.10 with the latest Filezilla on Windows 10, 64 bit and I’m not having any trouble with listviews.

I use the up or down arrow to go through the files on my remote site and there are no issues.

Is that the same JAWS version you are using?

Richard

Using Jaws 2018 latest update, latest FileZilla under W10 64 bit

While moving up and down lists of files  on a remote site in FileZilla,Jaws informs me that the display frequently changes from the desired list view to the undesirable tree view. Sometimes, by hitting shift tab the display can be changed back to the list view but not for long unfortunately.

Is there a way to force either Jaws or FileZilla to stay in a list view rather than frequently changing  into the tree view?

Thanks

Tom

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Yes Richard, it is the same version of Jaws, FileZilla and Windows 10 as you are using.

It is strange you are not having the problem while it is driving me crazy.  Going through the FileZilla  setup does not seem to suggest any solution either.  Well,, not that I can find anyway.

Tom

Using Jaws 2018 latest update, latest FileZilla under W10 64 bit

While moving up and down lists of files  on a remote site in FileZilla,Jaws informs me that the display frequently changes from the desired list view to the undesirable tree view. Sometimes, by hitting shift tab the display can be changed back to the list view but not for long unfortunately.

Is there a way to force either Jaws or FileZilla to stay in a list view rather than frequently changing  into the tree view?

Thanks

Tom

Richard Turner

I'm surprised no other JAWS users have chimed in here that might have far more experience with JAWS.
Perhaps you should call Microsoft Accessibility and have them watch what's happening while you do this and maybe, with their diagnostics they can figure it out?
Probably a long shot, but it might be worth a try.
I wish I could be of more help.
Richard

"Reality is the leading cause of stress for those who are in touch with it." -- Jane Wagner

On Dec 16, 2017, at 5:18 PM, Tom <tomcat509@...> wrote:

[...]

Richard B. McDonald

You may want to post this question at the mail list for blind programmers, "program-l", below:

https://www.freelists.org/list/program-l

Using Jaws 2018 latest update, latest FileZilla under W10 64 bit

While moving up and down lists of files  on a remote site in FileZilla,Jaws informs me that the display frequently changes from the desired list view to the undesirable tree view. Sometimes, by hitting shift tab the display can be changed back to the list view but not for long unfortunately.

Is there a way to force either Jaws or FileZilla to stay in a list view rather than frequently changing  into the tree view?

Thanks

Tom

Tom <tomcat509@...>

Thanks for the suggestion and will do so in the New Year.

Tom