Topics

moderated can you set up a Gmail account on the same computer this a pop3 account too?

Bill White

Hi, Jim. I have a gmail account, and it is just another domain with email addresses. I tend to want to use my Internet Service Provider's email address, because, if anything goes wrong, I am paying for their service, and they will help me resolve problems. With a free gmail account, this is not true, and if something goes wrong, there is no one to call to help with a problem. There are lots of forums to which you can turn, and lots of information on Google.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2020 12:58 PM
To: blindtech@groups.io
Subject: can you set up a Gmail account on the same computer this a pop3 account too?

Hi all, for some reason outlook 2016 is acting weird today. All my mail that is supposed to be in my in box is in my deleted folder. Anyway, I have friends tell mee that a  Gmail account  is better. I supposed that is a matter of opinion, but I thought I would have both if possible. I am running outlook 2016, and jaws 2020, on a windows ten computer. Thanks for your help. Jim

Marty Hutchings

I have a Gmail and a Road runner account both running through Windows Live Mail and Windows 7 and it works fine.

Love in Christ
Marty
If we view this present life as our primary goal, we will agree with William Shakespeare who said: “Life is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” From TODAY IN THE WORD June 1, 2020

Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2020 3:02 PM
Subject: Re: can you set up a Gmail account on the same computer this a pop3 account too?

Yes, I have my gmail account tied directly into Outlook but you can have a separate  way to get gmail either through web mail or using another mail program.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2020 3:58 PM
Subject: can you set up a Gmail account on the same computer this a pop3 account too?

Hi all, for some reason outlook 2016 is acting weird today. All my mail that is supposed to be in my in box is in my deleted folder. Anyway, I have friends tell mee that a  Gmail account  is better. I supposed that is a matter of opinion, but I thought I would have both if possible. I am running outlook 2016, and jaws 2020, on a windows ten computer. Thanks for your help. Jim

David Diamond

May be not the answer you want to hear however, I use office 365 and with that, I can have a Microsoft exchange, Hotmail, Gmail and POP 3 accounts. 

Dan Longmore

Yes, I have my gmail account tied directly into Outlook but you can have a separate  way to get gmail either through web mail or using another mail program.

Dan

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Rawls
Sent: Sunday, August 2, 2020 3:58 PM

Hi all, for some reason outlook 2016 is acting weird today. All my mail that is supposed to be in my in box is in my deleted folder. Anyway, I have friends tell mee that a  Gmail account  is better. I supposed that is a matter of opinion, but I thought I would have both if possible. I am running outlook 2016, and jaws 2020, on a windows ten computer. Thanks for your help. Jim

Jim Rawls