Topics

moderated question about edge and chrome and jaws

Edge is available for Windows 7 and works fine, after all, it's just another chromium based browser.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Dan Longmore
Sent: Saturday, August 1, 2020 3:05 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: question about edge and chrome and jaws

Yes, you can select a different search provider.

I have an old laptop with windows 7, jaws 2020, and have downloaded chrome and edge.

I put edge as my homepage but am not keen about bing.  Would it be possible to have edge as my homepage but get google to do the searching.  If so, how would I accomplish that?  Also, if not, is there anything else I can use and get rid of bing?  Also, do I get rid of internet explorer or just leave it there?  I do still use it for some things but  find it is less and less responsive and useful with jaws.

Dan Longmore

Yes, you can select a different search provider.