Topics

moderated How long is a Zoom meeting available?

Joseph Hudson

Hello, after using a personal meeting ID they're always using the same link. If you schedule them under separate meeting nights which the system creates for you then no. And those links are available as long as you want them for. If you're using a meeting ID that you let the system create for you. And if you want them to convene with the same link, just scheduled a meeting for three hours. And I'm for sure you'll be good to go.
joseph hudson

Email FaceTime and iMessage
jhud7789@...

Office phone/what's up messenger

254-300-7667

Emergency sell

254-813-2461

https://twitter.com/josephhudson89

On Jul 29, 2020, at 3:54 PM, Ann Byrne <annakb@...> wrote:

I have three Zoom meetings with almost all the same people tomorrow, one at 9:00, one at 10:00, and one at 11:00. Do I need to create three separate meetings, or can we all reconvene thrice at the same link?

Thx

Lino Morales

Hi. If you have a free account its 40 minutes. Just be sure you don't give out your PID to anyone who shouldn't have it.

On 7/29/2020 5:02 PM, Thabo Baseki wrote:
Hello!

Just a few weeks ago, I had Zoom meetings which lasted for nearly 4 hours consecutively. The meetings were hosted by a pro account holder. With that being said, I guess you should be able to have all the three zoom meetings as planned, from nine, to 10, to 11.

Best

Thabo

I have three Zoom meetings with almost all the same people tomorrow,
one at 9:00, one at 10:00, and one at 11:00.  Do I need to create
three separate meetings, or can we all reconvene thrice at the same link?

Thx

Marty Hutchings

I could be wrong, but I think that I read that the meeting ID can be used for 24 hours.  If the meeting is set up as a reoccurring meeting, the meeting ID is good for 6 month.

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Wednesday, July 29, 2020 5:08 PM
Subject: Re: How long is a Zoom meeting available?

Doesn't it depend on your version of Zoom is a paid or free version?  As far as I know, the free version allows for 40 minutes meeting, while the paid version allows for the meeting organizer's discretion as to the meeting's length.  I'm not sure though if there are different paid schemes or plans.  Cheers!

On 30/7/2020 5:09 am, Brian Vogel wrote:
Based on what I've observed, a Zoom meeting is "perpetual" in nature.  The link, and ability to use it, remains in place until and unless the original organizer closes/deletes the meeting (and not having actually gone through that process, I don't know what it is).

My partner has been joining the same Zoom meeting on Wednesday afternoons for something like 8 to 10 weeks now.  Of course, if you're the first arrival at any given time you'll have to wait for the next person to join.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

On Wed, Jul 29, 2020 at 06:08 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Doesn't it depend on your version of Zoom is a paid or free version?
-
It almost certainly does.  And it's almost certainly not possible with the free version.  But who knows what might be up during Life in the Time of COVID-19?

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Jaffar Sidek

[...]

The one thing I'll add is that your decision should be partially driven by "how private" any one of those meetings is in terms of someone not hanging around and listening in.

If you know that you only want specific people to attend, then separate meetings might be a good idea, since only those chosen attendees would be given the link for their specific meeting.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Ann,

Provided you have a Zoom account that allows meetings in excess of 40
minutes when attended by more than two people, I'd save yourself the
administrative grief and schedule one meeting.

Alan Lemly

I have three Zoom meetings with almost all the same people tomorrow, one at
9:00, one at 10:00, and one at 11:00. Do I need to create three separate
meetings, or can we all reconvene thrice at the same link?

Thx

Based on what I've observed, a Zoom meeting is "perpetual" in nature.  The link, and ability to use it, remains in place until and unless the original organizer closes/deletes the meeting (and not having actually gone through that process, I don't know what it is).

My partner has been joining the same Zoom meeting on Wednesday afternoons for something like 8 to 10 weeks now.  Of course, if you're the first arrival at any given time you'll have to wait for the next person to join.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Milton Ota

Hi,

Do you have a license for Zoom? If you have a license for Zoom, check the
Zoom website about your plan and its features. You might be able to have all
three hours without setting up new rooms for each hour.