From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Jim Rawls via groups.io
Sent: 26 July 2020 20:48
To: jazzpiano@...
Subject: in outlook 2019, how do you delete messages with one subject at once if you aren't interested in them?

Hi, all, for example, there are messages in my in box that the subject line begins, might be interest stop control panel...  how can I delete all those messages at once? I am running windows ten, jaws 2020, and outlook 2019. Thanks for your help. Jim

David Diamond

This is why moderators are reminding their group members to change the subject line if it has not been change and does not match the body of the subject line.  One does not want to throw the baby out with the bath water?

Jim,

           For "quick and dirty" selection of a number of messages that have something sufficiently distinctive about them, I use the basic search function (CTRL+E), enter the search criteria (say, with the quotes, "Purple People Eater" if all the messages have this as their subject, or part of it, and others don't), then select all of the search results after it's done and hit Delete to delete them.

           You sometimes have to do several iterations of this, depending on how many messages are involved and how many have already been found when you first do the select all.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Jim Rawls