From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Becky Tsurumoto
Sent: December 14, 2017 8:17 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: J2018

Hi List,

I purchased a new computer in August 2017. I'm using Windows 7 with JAWS 18.
I'm authorized to download JAWS 2018, but since I'm not using Windows 10 is there any benefit to downloading the new version? Any input would be appreciated.

Becky

Mike Rogers

I use ?Windows 7 and downloaded 2018. My vocalizer voice was stopping for as long as half a minute, frequently. Since downloading the latest update with 2018, the voice works fine. That's the big improvement for me.

********************************

www.harmonicaworkshops.com

On Thu, 14 Dec 2017 16:17:23 +0000
"Becky Tsurumoto" <panache713@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hi List,

I purchased a new computer in August 2017. I'm using Windows 7 with JAWS 18.
I'm authorized to download JAWS 2018, but since I'm not using Windows 10
is there any benefit to downloading the new version? Any input would be appreciated.

Becky

Dave...

Becky,

No harm in downloading and installing. Your JAWS 18 will still be installed,
so you can switch if you desire.

Dave

I purchased a new computer in August 2017. I'm using Windows 7 with JAWS
18.
I'm authorized to download JAWS 2018, but since I'm not using Windows 10
is there any benefit to downloading the new version? Any input would be
appreciated.

Becky

Tom Behler

Becky:

I use Windows 7 here with Jaws 2018. In fact, I just installed the latest build of Jaws 2018 yesterday.

In my view, it's always good to have the most up-to-date software on your computer if possible, even if you are using an older operating system such as Windows 7.

That way, if you run into issues, it is easier for Freedom Scientific Technical support or others to help you if needed.

Dr. Tom Behler from Michigan