Topics

moderated Where Do Zoom Meeting Recordings Go?

Tom Behler

Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I’d ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that “record” is on by default.

I don’t need any meeting recordings, but can’t find where the recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Mario

Tom, local recordings are saved to C:\Users\User Name\Documents\Zoom by default.

tombehler@... <mailto:tombehler@...>

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that “record” is on by
default.

I don’t need any meeting recordings, but can’t find where the recordings
are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Tom Behler

Thanks, Mario.

Will check as you suggest.

Tom Behler

Tom, local recordings are saved to C:\Users\User Name\Documents\Zoom by
default.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd ask
anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

tombehler@... <mailto:tombehler@...>

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been doing
some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various controls and
options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key stroke,
but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the recordings are
stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Ann Byrne

There is a zoom folder in documents where they aledgedly find their way.

Good luck!

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Tom Behler

Ann:

I actually found the recordings where you suggested they would be.

Interestingly, though, they don't seem to be recognized by winamp, which I
use as my default audio and video player.

Winamp seems to recognize all other audio files, but not Zoom recordings.

Tom Behler

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by
default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Ann Byrne

Ouch! What is the file extension???

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by
default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Adrian Spratt

Hi, Tom.

Winamp has been around for a long time. Not so Zoom. If you determine the file extension for a Zoom recording, you can associate it with Winamp.

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by
default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Adrian Spratt

"Allegedly," Ann? Such skepticism! And rightly so.

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by
default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Tom Behler

Ann:

Well, there are several files here.

The extensions are m4A, M3U, and MP4.

None of them play through Winamp.

I haven't yet tried taking them out of the Zoom folder and playing them from
somewhere else, but I wouldn't think that should make any difference.

Very puzzling.

Tom Behler

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on
by default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Tom Behler

Adrian:

The three file types are m4A, M3U, and MP4.

I'll have to go back and check winamp to see if those file types are
associated with Winamp.

Tom Behler

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by
default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Marty Hutchings

Zoom meeting recordings are .M4A files which can be played by Windows Media Player or VLC Media Player. I don't know if there is a plugin for Winamp to play this file type.

Love in Christ
Marty

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by
default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Cornelius

In the cloud at www.zoom.us or inside zoom folder in document.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I’d ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that “record” is on by default.

I don’t need any meeting recordings, but can’t find where the recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Adrian Spratt

Or type the five letters assoc into the Windows 10 search field to bring up the file association dialog. Tab to "Choose default app by file types." Press spacebar, then start tabbing. You'll encounter an interminable string of file extensions. Mike B posted that you can skip to the approximate alphabetical placement by holding down the tab key for a few seconds. If need be, repeat until you arrive in the alphabetical neighborhood of the file extension you're looking for. Then tab one by one.

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by
default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Because they are in mp4, if not mistaken Tom.
Greetings from Greece,
Takis

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by
default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Bill White

Hi, Takis. I play mp4 files in Winamp. They should play if the files are
associated correctly.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by
default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Thanks Bill, I did not know this as I no longer use winamp .

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by
default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Marie

ow do you record the Zoom meeting?

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by
default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Bill White

If you have a Zoom account, there is a record button on the Zoom client for desktop.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on by
default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Tom Behler

And, I think you start and stop recording via Alt R.

What I'm curious about is how you can set Zoom not to record a meeting automatically?

It seems that my personal free trial Zoom account here is set to automatically record whenever I start a meeting.

Maybe this changes with a paid account.

Tom Behler

At 02:07 PM 7/11/2020, you wrote:
Hello, everyone.

I suspect some may consider this to be off topic for the list, so I'd
ask anyone to respond off list to my personal g-mail address:

<mailto:tombehler@...>tombehler@...

I am learning the ins and outs of the Zoom meeting app, and have been
doing some test meetings just to familiarize myself with the various
controls and options.

I know you can start and stop meeting recordings with the Alt R key
stroke, but whenever I start a meeting, it seems that "record" is on
by default.

I don't need any meeting recordings, but can't find where the
recordings are stored so I can delete them.

Thank you!

Tom Behler

Bill White

Hi, Tom. I know you can, because mine never records meetings.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...