Topics

moderated Eliminating tables in MS word 2016

kevin meyers

Hello,

I’m using most recent version of windows10 (2004), most recent version of Jaws2020 and MS word 2016.

I scaned a document using Jaws OCR. In the results document the text shows up not in tables. I copied the text and pasted it into a MS word document. The text is then put into tables.

Would it be possible to remove the tables and the text remain?

Thanks,

Kevin

Dean Martineau

Yes, use the Convert Table to Text function in Word. You can find it with Alt+Q, add it to the Quick Access Tool Bar, or add a keyboard shortcut for the function, whichever you prefer. Alt+q is the easiest approach.

I’m using most recent version of windows10 (2004), most recent version of Jaws2020 and MS word 2016.

I scaned a document using Jaws OCR. In the results document the text shows up not in tables. I copied the text and pasted it into a MS word document. The text is then put into tables.

Would it be possible to remove the tables and the text remain?

Thanks,

Kevin

Ann Byrne

When I wrote Vispero about this, the recommendation was to paste the information into notepad, which removes all the formatting. To remove table formatting in Word, while in the table press alt+j, then l, then v. In either event, the formatting of the original document is lost.

At 08:27 AM 7/5/2020, you wrote:
Hello,

I'm using most recent version of windows10 (2004), most recent version of Jaws2020 and MS word 2016.

I scaned a document using Jaws OCR. In the results document the text shows up not in tables. I copied the text and pasted it into a MS word document. The text is then put into tables.

Would it be possible to remove the tables and the text remain?

Thanks,

Kevin

Richard Turner

You could have saved as plain text out of Openbook; or as was suggested, copy and paste into NotePad and then copy and paste that into Word, and no tables.

Richard

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 09:27 AM, kevin meyers wrote:
I scaned a document using Jaws OCR. In the results document the text shows up not in tables. I copied the text and pasted it into a MS word document. The text is then put into tables.
-
When you paste the text, are you using the "Text Only" option?   That generally avoids both carrying existing formatting with, or generating automatic word formatting for, the text being pasted.

You can also set "Text Only" as your default paste option if that's what you're generally looking to do.  The default is "Keep Source Formatting."  I changed my default to match the destination formatting quite a while back, as that's generally what I'm looking to do.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Van Lant, Robin

Another hack I do is to select all the text in Word and do a control x to cut it. Then, from the context menu, select Paste with text only.

I’m using most recent version of windows10 (2004), most recent version of Jaws2020 and MS word 2016.

I scaned a document using Jaws OCR. In the results document the text shows up not in tables. I copied the text and pasted it into a MS word document. The text is then put into tables.

Would it be possible to remove the tables and the text remain?

Thanks,

Kevin

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114