Topics

moderated Eliminating tables in MS word 2016

kevin meyers

Hello,

I’m using most recent version of windows10 (2004), most recent version of Jaws2020 and MS word 2016.

I scaned a document using Jaws OCR. In the results document the text shows up not in tables. I copied the text and pasted it into a MS word document. The text is then put into tables.

Would it be possible to remove the tables and the text remain?

Thanks,

Kevin

Dean Martineau

Yes, use the Convert Table to Text function in Word. You can find it with Alt+Q, add it to the Quick Access Tool Bar, or add a keyboard shortcut for the function, whichever you prefer. Alt+q is the easiest approach.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Sunday, July 5, 2020 9:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Eliminating tables in MS word 2016

Hello,

I’m using most recent version of windows10 (2004), most recent version of Jaws2020 and MS word 2016.

I scaned a document using Jaws OCR. In the results document the text shows up not in tables. I copied the text and pasted it into a MS word document. The text is then put into tables.

Thanks,

Kevin

Ann Byrne

When I wrote Vispero about this, the recommendation was to paste the information into notepad, which removes all the formatting. To remove table formatting in Word, while in the table press alt+j, then l, then v. In either event, the formatting of the original document is lost.

At 08:27 AM 7/5/2020, you wrote:
Hello,

I'm using most recent version of windows10 (2004), most recent version of Jaws2020 and MS word 2016.

Thanks,

Kevin

Richard Turner

You could have saved as plain text out of Openbook; or as was suggested, copy and paste into NotePad and then copy and paste that into Word, and no tables.

Richard
"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" - Edward Herbert

On Jul 5, 2020, at 7:26 AM, Ann Byrne <annakb@...> wrote:

When I wrote Vispero about this, the recommendation was to paste the information into notepad, which removes all the formatting.  To remove table formatting in Word, while in the table press alt+j, then l, then v.  In either event, the formatting of the original document is lost.
At 08:27 AM 7/5/2020, you wrote:
Hello,

I'm using most recent version of windows10 (2004), most recent version of Jaws2020 and MS word 2016.

Thanks,

Kevin

On Sun, Jul 5, 2020 at 09:27 AM, kevin meyers wrote:
-
When you paste the text, are you using the "Text Only" option?   That generally avoids both carrying existing formatting with, or generating automatic word formatting for, the text being pasted.

You can also set "Text Only" as your default paste option if that's what you're generally looking to do.  The default is "Keep Source Formatting."  I changed my default to match the destination formatting quite a while back, as that's generally what I'm looking to do.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Pro, 64-Bit, Version 1909, Build 18363  

The purpose of education is not to validate ignorance but to overcome it.
       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Van Lant, Robin

Another hack I do is to select all the text in Word and do a control x to cut it. Then, from the context menu, select Paste with text only. 

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of kevin meyers
Sent: Sunday, July 5, 2020 7:28 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Eliminating tables in MS word 2016

Hello,

Thanks,

Kevin

This communication may contain privileged and/or confidential information. It is intended solely for the use of the addressee. If you are not the intended recipient, you are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using any of this information. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender immediately and destroy the material in its entirety, whether electronic or hard copy. This communication may contain nonpublic personal information about consumers subject to the restrictions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act. You may not directly or indirectly reuse or redisclose such information for any purpose other than to provide the services for which you are receiving the information.

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

If you prefer not to receive future e-mail offers for products or services from Key, send an email to mailto:DNERequests@... with 'No Promotional E-mails' in the SUBJECT line.