Topics

moderated Teamviewer

Richard Turner

I need to use Teamviewer to get help on a braille display from the company.

Are there scripts for the latest Teamviewer and Jaws 2020?

The Doug Lee scripts don’t think I have any compatible Jaws, but then again, those scripts are from 2015.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

Milton Ota

Richard, I have not seen any current JAWS scripts for Team Viewer.

If someone is going to control your computer you really don’t n needs scripts for JAWS but, if you are intending to control another users computer, I don’t know how accessible Team Viewer will be for you.

Milton

I need to use Teamviewer to get help on a braille display from the company.

Are there scripts for the latest Teamviewer and Jaws 2020?

The Doug Lee scripts don’t think I have any compatible Jaws, but then again, those scripts are from 2015.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

Richard Turner

They will be controlling mine, so hopefully all will go fine.

Richard

Richard, I have not seen any current JAWS scripts for Team Viewer.

If someone is going to control your computer you really don’t n needs scripts for JAWS but, if you are intending to control another users computer, I don’t know how accessible Team Viewer will be for you.

Milton

I need to use Teamviewer to get help on a braille display from the company.

Are there scripts for the latest Teamviewer and Jaws 2020?

The Doug Lee scripts don’t think I have any compatible Jaws, but then again, those scripts are from 2015.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

Dan Longmore

Richard,

  Team Viewer and JAWS 2020 was accessible when used a few weeks ago.

Dan

I need to use Teamviewer to get help on a braille display from the company.

Are there scripts for the latest Teamviewer and Jaws 2020?

The Doug Lee scripts don’t think I have any compatible Jaws, but then again, those scripts are from 2015.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

Which version of Teamviewer are you using that is accessible, there seem to be many and I know even technical support people often ask to go to the Teamviewer website and ask you to download an older versio.

  Team Viewer and JAWS 2020 was accessible when used a few weeks ago.

Dan

I need to use Teamviewer to get help on a braille display from the company.

Are there scripts for the latest Teamviewer and Jaws 2020?

The Doug Lee scripts don’t think I have any compatible Jaws, but then again, those scripts are from 2015.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

Richard Turner

I would like to know that as well.

Teamviewer is not very accessible at all, and the Jaws command to identify the version just says “version” with no information.

I couldn’t figure out how to give access to a technician to take control of my computer and could barely deal with the connection.

At least, between Teamviewer and Skype he was able to direct me to the braille driver that was getting in the way.

But I would say that whatever the current version of Teamviewer is, it isn’t very accessible.

Richard

Which version of Teamviewer are you using that is accessible, there seem to be many and I know even technical support people often ask to go to the Teamviewer website and ask you to download an older versio.

  Team Viewer and JAWS 2020 was accessible when used a few weeks ago.

Dan

I need to use Teamviewer to get help on a braille display from the company.

Are there scripts for the latest Teamviewer and Jaws 2020?

The Doug Lee scripts don’t think I have any compatible Jaws, but then again, those scripts are from 2015.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

Milton Ota

Hi Richard,

When you first open Team viewer, you will need to tab down to a field that says: “Your ID:” and provide the person that will control your computer the digits in that field.

Tab to: “Password: and provide the password that is generated.

This only will work if you are using the Team Viewer as a free version. I’m not sure what happens if you purchased a license.

Once the person connecting to your computer has entered those pieces of information they should be connected and be able to take over. You should be on the phone if there is something specific that you are looking for help with if the person is not very familiar with your computer setup. You don’t have to unload JAWS and if you need to take control, the helper can let you take over and you don’t need to disconnect.

I hope this is helpful information.

Milton

Which version of Teamviewer are you using that is accessible, there seem to be many and I know even technical support people often ask to go to the Teamviewer website and ask you to download an older versio.

  Team Viewer and JAWS 2020 was accessible when used a few weeks ago.

Dan

I need to use Teamviewer to get help on a braille display from the company.

Are there scripts for the latest Teamviewer and Jaws 2020?

The Doug Lee scripts don’t think I have any compatible Jaws, but then again, those scripts are from 2015.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

Richard Turner

Thanks, I’m sure this will help if I need to use it again.  I am using the free version.

The combination of Skype and Teamviewer allowed him to direct me to what I needed to do.

But, Teamviewer could use some help and/or Jaws scripts.

Richard

Which version of Teamviewer are you using that is accessible, there seem to be many and I know even technical support people often ask to go to the Teamviewer website and ask you to download an older versio.

  Team Viewer and JAWS 2020 was accessible when used a few weeks ago.

Dan

I need to use Teamviewer to get help on a braille display from the company.

Are there scripts for the latest Teamviewer and Jaws 2020?

The Doug Lee scripts don’t think I have any compatible Jaws, but then again, those scripts are from 2015.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

Mario

Richard, check out https://dlee.org/teamviewer/ for scripts for JAWS.

Thanks, I’m sure this will help if I need to use it again.  I am using
the free version.

The combination of Skype and Teamviewer allowed him to direct me to what
I needed to do.

But, Teamviewer could use some help and/or Jaws scripts.

Richard

"He that cannot forgive others breaks the bridge over which he must pass
himself,” and we forget that only grace can break the cycle of ancient
hatreds among peoples. (It is notable that while I have regretted not
granting grace to others, I’ve never once regretted extending it.)" -
Edward Herbert

[...]

Right, I tried those and they were written 5 years ago and did not see my Jaws version so cannot install and probably wouldn't help much.

Richard, check out https://eur06.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdlee.org%2Fteamviewer%2F&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Cf24d7ff872194a03117c08d81933981e%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637287056665430727&amp;sdata=Y2Z1yPQNWfYBuI1TvkCAGdZWYo253a9PpaJyKOY7has%3D&amp;reserved=0 for scripts for JAWS.

[...]

David Ingram

are there jaws scripts for TeamViewer version 15x?

[...]

Which version of TeamViewer are you using?  I think the current version is 15x!  I just want to be sure that this version is correct.  As far as I know I don't think that there are any jaws scripts for this version.

Which version of Teamviewer are you using that is accessible, there seem to be many and I know even technical support people often ask to go to the Teamviewer website and ask you to download an older versio.

  Team Viewer and JAWS 2020 was accessible when used a few weeks ago.

Dan

I need to use Teamviewer to get help on a braille display from the company.

Are there scripts for the latest Teamviewer and Jaws 2020?

The Doug Lee scripts don’t think I have any compatible Jaws, but then again, those scripts are from 2015.

Any help would be appreciated.

Richard

Milton Ota

The latest version of Team Viewer is:

Version:15.7.6 Date: Jun 22 2020

Milton

[...]

Milton,
How did you get the version number?
I tried with Jaws and got a big nothing.

Richard

[...]

Here are the steps I used to get the version number:

Open Team viewer, use control – Home to take the cursor to the top.

Tab to the Help Button, Press the spacebar to get the Context Menu.

Arrow up once and press Enter on About.

Using the JAWS Key – V when the program is opened did not seem to work.

HTH.

Milton

[...]

I am using Jaws Home 2020, on a Del laptop running Windows 10 Home 64bit 2004 version.

I get nothing from the help button.

However, if I put Jaws into speak on command and launch narrator, I can read the version number.

Are you using either Jaws Pro, or Windows Pro?

I’m trying to sort out the difference.

Richard

[...]

I’m using JAWS Version Home Use Edition

Version 2020.2006.12 on a Dell computer with an i7 processor and the Windows May update.

Milton

[...]

OK, pretty much the same here.

If I am lucky, I won’t need Teamviewer again for a long time.

Thanks,

Richard

[...]

Yep, I don’t use it much other than for solving Captcha and getting help with programs that are not keyboard friendly with JAWS.

Take cfare, keep safe.

Milton

[...]

Panagiotis Antonopoulos

Hi David/all,
I am sorry to have come late on this, but I am involved with constant oral exams and this takes a very long proportion of my day. If what you want is simply get someone control your computer, you just don't need any scripts or additional help. The important thing is to know the partner id of your team viewer, easily found on a system tray icon if you have one. Otherwise, assuming you have a desktop icon of the program, simply open it, and shift-tab two three times to get this number and one tab forward, locate the temporary password which you should also dictate to that person. Once he/she has entered that info, he/she has control over your computer. However, I don't think you can do the reverse as a blind user, i.e. take control of someone else's computer. I am using team viewer very very frequently with various people.
Hope this helps,
Takis