Topics

moderated Meta data for music tracks

Marty Hutchings

I have a lot of music tracks that do not have proper meta data information associated with them.  Is there an accessible program for easily adding this information?

I know you asked for accessible, and I cannot be certain that it is and do not have the time to check, but at least take a look at MP3Tag.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

DJ

It is very accessible.

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020 at 11:17 PM Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:
I know you asked for accessible, and I cannot be certain that it is and do not have the time to check, but at least take a look at MP3Tag.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

On Tue, Jun 23, 2020 at 08:20 AM, DJ wrote:
It is very accessible.
-
Thanks for that confirmation that MP3Tag is accessible.  Given the style of its interface I thought it would be.

I have only used it to do limited metadata editing for a few tracks where fetching the information when ripping "burped" and left it unpopulated.  Do you happen to know if MP3Tag has a function where it does much like most media players do, and will attempt to fetch the metadata for all the tracks you are working on in a single folder?  I've never played with that, if it even exists, but if it does it's a much easier thing to try than hand editing, which is tedious, but sometimes necessary.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Scratch that last question, as I had a temporary lapse.  Right on MP3Tag's main webpage it states, "Furthermore, it supports online database lookups from, e.g., Discogs, MusicBrainz or freedb, allowing you to automatically gather proper tags and download cover art for your music library."

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Marty Hutchings

Thanks guys.  I will give it a whirl.

Love in Christ