Topics

moderated web site having to enter password twice

kevin meyers

It happens with Google Chrome and FireFox. The bank support said I just have to press enter on the line I type in the password. On other sites I always tab to logon or signon and press enter.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Marty Hutchings
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 12:28 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: web site having to enter password twice

Does this happen with a different browser?

Love in Christ
Marty

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 9:24 AM

Not your laptop or issue would happen every time.

On Jun 22, 2020, at 10:16 AM, Kevin Meyers <kman2020@...> wrote:

Hello, I’m using windows10 and most recent version of Jaws2020. When I go to my bank’s web site, I enter my user id and password. The screen comes back and I have to enter a second time. The first time I entered it and tab to logon. The next time I enter it I tab twice and it now says signon. There is no error message saying I entered the wrong user id or password. I made sure I typed in the correct user id and password. I had a friend do it with site and the same problem occurs. I should say the second time I enter it I get on to the site. I have cleaned out all browser data in chrome and then temp files/cookies. The bank say it is not their problem contact support for your laptop. If I want the place I purchased the laptop from, they want 7-10 days to look at it. That is not acceptable. Is it even a problem with my laptop? I can log on to any other site with no problem. The bank says I’m the only one that has this problem. Any thoughts of what I could do? Thanks, Kevin

Marty Hutchings

Sent: Monday, June 22, 2020 9:24 AM

[...]

Adrian Spratt

Try pressing JAWS key+escape after you enter the password the first time. doing so refreshes the JAWS view of the screen, and so JAWS is likely to detect that a password has been entered.

[...]

Chris

One thing to try would be another browser , to eliminate if chrome is the issue or not