Topics

jaws 2018 does not read items in task bar #cal-notice

Bill Lenfestey

I have just installed Jaws 2018 for the first time.  When I use Alt Tab to move through the task bar Jaws only reads the two most recently launched programs, although several programs may be running.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks. 

Do you let go after you press Alt+Tab? If so then Jaws will only cycle back and forth between the two most recent programs. You have to continue to h old down the Alt Key and then press tab, I have no issues with Jaws reading 10 open folders and applications and browser windows if I have that many open and I have not heard about this being an issue.

Keep in mind that if you have lots of stuff open Jaws Kewy+F10 can also be useful and maybe less confusing if you want to find a particular program or open folder, it shows all your open stuff in a list view.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Bill Lenfestey
Sent: Saturday, December 9, 2017 9:41 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: jaws 2018 does not read items in task bar #cal-notice

I have just installed Jaws 2018 for the first time.  When I use Alt Tab to move through the task bar Jaws only reads the two most recently launched programs, although several programs may be running.  Does anyone know how to fix this?  Thanks. 

Bill Lenfestey

First, I hold down the alt key without releasing it when I try to tab through the task bar.  One of the first things I tried when I noticed this problem was using Insert F10 to open the "windows list."  Jaws does not read the "windows list" as a choice.  Again,  the only two choices that are listed in the task bar that Jaws reads are the two most recently launched programs--(with the exception of the "windows list" which is not read.  This reminds me of the pre-wondows "dos" days when we could only see one program at a time on screen or with Jaws.  Thanks  

Bill Lenfestey

I found the problem.  Somehow the resolution of the monitor had been changed to 1900 to 1600.  Once I reset the resolution th 1024 by 768, problem resolved.  Thanks  

Ann Byrne

ATo read items on the taskbar, press Windows+t or windows+1, then right and left arrow through the items.
t 04:14 AM 12/10/2017, you wrote:

First, I hold down the alt key without releasing it when I try to tab through the task bar. One of the first things I tried when I noticed this problem was using Insert F10 to open the "windows list." Jaws does not read the "windows list" as a choice. Again, the only two choices that are listed in the task bar that Jaws reads are the two most recently launched programs--(with the exception of the "windows list" which is not read. This reminds me of the pre-wondows "dos" days when we could only see one program at a time on screen or with Jaws. Thanks