Topics

moderated Rearranging columns in Mozilla Thunderbird

Sameer,

           I also just found that someone mentioned the Podcast Audio Archive at Blind Geek Zone with regard to an audio tutorial on using Thunderbird.  I went there, and it dates from 2007, but I don't think a thing has changed as far as changing column order in ages.  It was mentioned as being discussed in part 1 of 2, but I did not listen and I do not know for certain if JAWS is used as the screen reader.  A search on Thunderbird once you've navigated to that page will find the two podcasts, in parts 1 and 2.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Sameer,

            Do you, by any chance, also use NVDA (since many use more than one screen reader)?  If so, consider installing the Mozilla Apps Enhancement add-on, and look at the documentation for it.  There are keystrokes that make rearranging column order in Thunderbird much easier.  Unless there's something new for JAWS, you still have to do it via emulated drag and drop, which is, to me, a PITA.

       ~ Lawrence Krauss

Sameer

Dear List Members,

Kindly guide me regarding how to rearrange columns in Mozilla Thunderbird so that the sender's name appears first in the list of columns displayed in Inbox.

I am using JAWS 2020 on a Windows 10 machine with Thunderbird version 68.9.0

Thanking all in advance for any & all assistance.

--
Regards
Mr. Sameer Latey