Topics

moderated Jaws2019 Strange for Jaws tandem

O.Addison Gethers

Glenn I had my sighter sister to watch and look at the window screen and she heard when I press alt tab to go on IE  to go on post and courier website  then while jaws reading the website  then when I opens firefox browser  she told me wait a minute  she says it’s say jaws tandem to enter the id that person give me to tandem she also said it on Gethers funeral home website  so sshe say it’s not the keyboard doing it because jaws tandem popped up in the window screen for no reason without going to jaws window  so she ask me to go to jaws window to find the jaws tandem  so I went to jaws windo by press insert j then press alt u for utility  it’s say tandem then I press enter 3 time then I press alt f4 to close it out

Addison

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2020 7:40 PM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Jaws2019 Strange for Jaws tandem

What are you using for a keyboard?

If it is a USB one, if you can, try another keyboard.

If it is a laptop, try plugging in another keyboard, and if that prevents it from happening, you will know what is causing the problem.

HTH.

Glenn

----- Original Message -----

Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2020 6:08 PM

Hi Glenn  Well it did it again 2 time today (Sunday) when I was finish reading website and came on email  when I press enter on unread email to open  it’s say jaws tandem and enter the id number from who want to do tandem computer  I said oh no not again so I press alt f4 to closed tandem window . I don’t know what to do stop this jaws tandem keep popped in window screen for no reason at all!!

Addison

Sent: Friday, June 05, 2020 2:14 PM

So perhaps the alt key is sticking for Addison, and if she is doing insert T for Title, that would cause this.

Usually alt is the culprit in cases like this.

Glenn

Sent: Friday, June 05, 2020 1:08 PM

The keystroke to start tandem is insert alt T.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Glenn / Lenny
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2020 12:33 PM

There is a key to launch Jaws Tandem, I forget what it is because I usually get to it through the menus, but I suspect that you might be inadvertently pressing that key combination.

Maybe you have a sticky key which is part of that needed key combination and you are just doing the rest of the combination that launches Jaws Tandem.

Glenn

Sent: Friday, June 05, 2020 11:28 AM

Subject: Jaws2019 Strange for Jaws tandem

Hello All  I’m using desktop computer window10 and jaws2019 !! I don’t know what’s going on  for some reason about jaws tandem keep popping up on window screen  while I’m on IE ,firefox and email window !! When I open IE  and was on website  reading  about 10 or 15  minute later I went to email  suddenly  while I was trying to press enter on the email to read  it’s say alt left arrow  then I press insert t for title  it’s say microsoft outlook  then I try to press insert down arrow to read the email however it’s say alt down arrow then I press insert t then it’s say jaws tandem enter the id number who is doing to do tandem  then I say what?? So I press alt f4 to close it out it’s say jaws tandem closed  !! So it’s doing that when I opened firefox too. Does anyone have this problem ? It have been going on in March,April and last month and again 3 day ago !!

Addison

Glenn / Lenny

What are you using for a keyboard?
If it is a USB one, if you can, try another keyboard.
If it is a laptop, try plugging in another keyboard, and if that prevents it from happening, you will know what is causing the problem.
HTH.
Glenn

Sent: Sunday, June 07, 2020 6:08 PM

Hi Glenn  Well it did it again 2 time today (Sunday) when I was finish reading website and came on email  when I press enter on unread email to open  it’s say jaws tandem and enter the id number from who want to do tandem computer  I said oh no not again so I press alt f4 to closed tandem window . I don’t know what to do stop this jaws tandem keep popped in window screen for no reason at all!!

Addison

So perhaps the alt key is sticking for Addison, and if she is doing insert T for Title, that would cause this.

Glenn

There is a key to launch Jaws Tandem, I forget what it is because I usually get to it through the menus, but I suspect that you might be inadvertently pressing that key combination.

Maybe you have a sticky key which is part of that needed key combination and you are just doing the rest of the combination that launches Jaws Tandem.

Glenn

Hello All  I’m using desktop computer window10 and jaws2019 !! I don’t know what’s going on  for some reason about jaws tandem keep popping up on window screen  while I’m on IE ,firefox and email window !! When I open IE  and was on website  reading  about 10 or 15  minute later I went to email  suddenly  while I was trying to press enter on the email to read  it’s say alt left arrow  then I press insert t for title  it’s say microsoft outlook  then I try to press insert down arrow to read the email however it’s say alt down arrow then I press insert t then it’s say jaws tandem enter the id number who is doing to do tandem  then I say what?? So I press alt f4 to close it out it’s say jaws tandem closed  !! So it’s doing that when I opened firefox too. Does anyone have this problem ? It have been going on in March,April and last month and again 3 day ago !!

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

Addison

Glenn

Glenn

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

I wasn’t even on jaws window and didn’t do jaws tandem from anyone

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of NFB Lab 4
Sent: Friday, June 05, 2020 2:08 PM

Glenn

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

Hi there  This have been happen without going to jaws window  while I’m on IE,firefox and email  so how can jaws tandem popped up in window screen without going to jaws window?

Glenn

Addison

Glenn / Lenny

Glenn

Glenn

Addison

NFB Lab 4

Glenn

Addison

Glenn / Lenny

Glenn

Addison

O.Addison Gethers

Addison