Topics

moderated Another accessible / genealogy web site.

Peter Tesar

The search algorithmworks with what it has to search.

You have to guess at what information was recorded. The further back in time the recorded information may not be what you would expect today.The official document may not work well with OCR.

I never use a city. Use the country England.

There may be a photo of the grave stone and the cemetery may be located outside the city.The Find a Grave Index and the Billion Graves Index might come up on FamilySearch.

Which FamilySearch engine are you using. The simple one does not require you to register and it asks for only 6 items of information. .

   https://www.familysearch.org/en/

The birth or death locations may not be available. Leave one blank and choose a date birth/death range to get an idea of what is in the data base. The maiden name will be more effective than the married date.

With geneology searching you have to be flexible and pacient. Try different search criteria.

Peter T.

On 6/24/2020 3:36 AM, Steve Nutt wrote:

Trouble with FamilySearch is that their search algorithm is rubbish.  If I search for someone and put their birth place as London, it gives me results from the USA.

All the best

Steve

--

Computer Room Services