Topics

moderated Question for other Webex meeting users

Van Lant, Robin

We use Cisco Webex at my company.  I’ve had a frustration that I wonder if any other users have experience and have thoughts on.

When I  click on a link to a meeting, my browser (Chrome), will open.  The meeting screen will load.  I will often hear JAWS say something like, “You are having trouble with the connection”, but pretty soon I can tab around some of the features, including the participant list.  I have enough vision to see that a window has popped up where the audio & video connection information is.  It used to be that focus would land in that window and I could tab through the options on where to  do my audio connection, then I would click the Audio Connection button for Webex to call my phone.  After some upgrade a while back, I typically cannot get focus into that window.  As I tab around the initial screen that loads, I’ll hear something called audio Connection checked, but hitting this doesn’t seem to do anything.  I hear reference to a “floating panel”, but cannot seem to get to it. My current workaround is that I go to the audio menu with Alt A and open the audio & video connection window from there.   This can take precious time when I’m about to run late to a meeting.

Anyone else have a similar issue?

Using Windows 10, JAWS 2019, Office 365

Robin Van Lant

127 Public Square, Cleveland, OH 44114

Sean Murphy

Yes and i wait a little while to see the join button

Send your query to Accessibility@... and raise the issues

My experience is the part

On 4 Jun 2020, at 5:07 am, Van Lant, Robin via groups.io <Robin_Van_Lant@...> wrote:

[...]

Sean,

My concern is after I’ve joined the screen sharing portion of the meeting.  I’ll definitely write to the Cisco team, just wanted to see if anyone else had my issue or if is user error.  I’m thinking its’ something with the floating panel and the timing of other things on the screen happening hat JAWS just doesn’t get focus to the right place unless I reopen that pane from the top menu system.

[...]

Abraham Sweiss

Have you tried installing the webex a app on your desktop?

Thanks,abraham