copying URLs

Pablo Morales

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to do the following.

  • I need to copy the URL address of several links.
  • I need to be able that when the virtual cursor is over a link, then use the application key, and be able to select a choice that copy the URL for that link
  • After the URL is copied in the clipboard, I will be able to paste it to a document.

I am looking if out there is an  AD for chrome, firefox, or Internet explorer that allow me to do that. I know that opening the link and pressing alt D I will be able to copy the URL, but it is a very inefficient way to do that because it is so much to do just to copy an URL.

Any idea guys?

CathyAnne Murtha

You can do this in the Windows Application Menu.

1. Focus on the link with your virtual cursor
2. Open the Windows Application Menu with WINDOWS APPLICATION KEY or SHIFT-F10
3. Activate “Copy Link Location”

The link address is copied to your clipboard.

CathyAnne

---

CathyAnne Murtha
CEO
Access Technology Institute, LLC
www.blind.training
cathy@...
Phone: (520) 300-7859

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 4:38 PM -0700, "Pablo Morales" <pablocmd2014@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I am looking for a way to do the following.

  • I need to copy the URL address of several links.
  • I need to be able that when the virtual cursor is over a link, then use the application key, and be able to select a choice that copy the URL for that link
  • After the URL is copied in the clipboard, I will be able to paste it to a document.

I am looking if out there is an  AD for chrome, firefox, or Internet explorer that allow me to do that. I know that opening the link and pressing alt D I will be able to copy the URL, but it is a very inefficient way to do that because it is so much to do just to copy an URL.

Any idea guys?

Pablo Morales

I don’t see this feature in the when I press shift F10. Which browser are you using?

[...]

  • In Chrome for PC, the option is: Copy Link Address
  • In Internet Explorer for PC, the option is: Copy Shortcut
  • In Firefox for PC (I’m using ESR), the option is: Copy Link Location

It’s standard to all browsers.

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha

Access Technology Institute, LLC

cathy@...

www.blind.training

(520) 300-7859

[...]

When you are on the link, try to route Jaws to PC and then right click, this typically works better and more reliably for me.

[...]

Mario

I find Firefox uses "copy location" and Internet Explorer uses "copy
shortcut".
shortcut".

www.blind.training<http://www.blind.training>
cathy@blind.training<mailto:cathy@blind.training>

<pablocmd2014@gmail.com<mailto:pablocmd2014@gmail.com>> wrote:
Hi all,
I am looking for a way to do the following.

* I need to copy the URL address of several links.
* I need to be able that when the virtual cursor is over a link,
then use the application key, and be able to select a choice that copy
the URL for that link
* After the URL is copied in the clipboard, I will be able to
paste it to a document.
I am looking if out there is an AD for chrome, firefox, or Internet
explorer that allow me to do that. I know that opening the link and
pressing alt D I will be able to copy the URL, but it is a very
inefficient way to do that because it is so much to do just to copy an URL.
Any idea guys?

Mario

I usually just right click the link and enter on "copy location"; no
need to go in to JAWS cursor.

[...]

Well, I have chrome and Internet explorer last releases. I don’t have none of those choices. Maybe I need to enable it?

[...]

Richard Turner

If you haven't, try tabbing to the link, then right click or use shift-f10 and see if you find something like copy location, copy shortcut, etc.
HTH,
Richard

🖖🏿

On Dec 8, 2017, at 4:43 PM, Pablo Morales <pablocmd2014@...> wrote:

[...]

Carol Smith

Hi Pablo,

I have been a Window-Eyes user for years.  When I started using Jaws, I noticed that unlike Window-Eyes, I was not directly on the link just by moving to the row that said link.  Before pressing the context menu, try pressing the up arrow key and then tab to the link.  Now, the link will be highlighted and you should be able to find the copy command with the applications/context key.

Carol

On 12/8/2017 7:43 PM, Pablo Morales wrote:

[...]

Jason White

It works for me in Chrome, under “Copy link location” (Shift+F10 when focused on the link).

[...]

Thanks,  Richard.  Grin.  I guess I should have read a little further down through my back load of emails, grin.

Carol

On 12/8/2017 7:58 PM, Richard Turner wrote:
[...]

Richard,

You got it.

Thank you so much, and thanks for all. I wasn’t tabbing to the link, and for some reason this option didn’t appear. Now it is working how all of you said.

Thanks Richard, and thanks for all,

[...]

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

I don’t think you have to enable the copy function. What the problem may be is that the only way this function will work reliably is to tab to the link. You cannot arrow up and down to the link and expect it to work. Try tabbing to the link and see if you see the Copy Location or Copy Shortcut or Copy Link Address in the context menu.

Bill White

Billwhite92701@...

[...]

Nothing to enable, if you are focused on a link those choices will be available. As Richard and Caroline said, sometimes you have to tab to the link or, what I often do, is bring up the links with Jaws Key+f7, but then instead of pressing enter on the link which would activate it, I tab once to put focus on the ‘Move to Link” button, then I press enter and this usually puts focus on the link, then Shift+F10 should bring up a context menu which contains the “Copy link address” item in Chrome or “Copy Shortcut” item in Internet Explorer.

[...]

I've also come across that pressing the shift+application key sometimes
gives an extra item or two like copy shortcut. this applies when using
Internet Explorer but I don't think it applies to Firefox or Chrome.

If you haven't, try tabbing to the link, then right click or use
shift-f10 and see if you find something like copy location, copy
shortcut, etc.
HTH,
Richard

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has this to say on the subject of
flying.
There is an art, it says, or rather, a knack to flying. The knack lies
in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss."
🖖🏿

On Dec 8, 2017, at 4:43 PM, Pablo Morales
<pablocmd2014@gmail.com<mailto:pablocmd2014@gmail.com>> wrote:

Well, I have chrome and Internet explorer last releases. I don’t have
none of those choices. Maybe I need to enable it?

* In Chrome for PC, the option is: Copy Link Address
* In Internet Explorer for PC, the option is: Copy Shortcut
* In Firefox for PC (I’m using ESR), the option is: Copy Link Location

It’s standard to all browsers.

CathyAnne

CathyAnne Murtha
Access Technology Institute, LLC
cathy@blind.training<mailto:cathy@blind.training>
www.blind.training<https://nam02.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blind.training&data=02%7C01%7C%7C9f7144421d244b1885b008d53e9de0e3%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636483770151710971&sdata=jw%2BuRdDKFgq8DNdbK7pgM7Q5Aj4ZpsAr2%2BLP%2F1RdvcA%3D&reserved=0>
(520) 300-7859