Topics

moderated jaws question

michaeel's mail

Hi guys just noticed in internet explore  that when i want to do a contex menu with shift f 10 jaws will not speek the contex menu jjusta ding.

Is their a setting i have oltered in jaws for this to happen.

Using latest jaws on win 10.

The menu works on desktop.

Cheers Michael.

Dan Longmore

Don’t know if you got an answer yet? I tried it with my eye E using windows 10 just 2020 with no issues. I hate to suggest this but just checking have you try to reboot of your system and or jaws?

On May 31, 2020, at 6:42 AM, michaeel's mail <michaelandjeanie@...> wrote:

Hi guys just noticed in internet explore that when i want to do a contex menu with shift f 10 jaws will not speek the contex menu jjusta ding.

Is their a setting i have oltered in jaws for this to happen.

Using latest jaws on win 10.

The menu works on desktop.

Cheers Michael.

michaeel's mail

Yes rebooted and its only happend on IE in chrome it works fine.

So very strange unless its a facebook thing i was wanting to down load a photo from facebook.

so was doing a context menu on the down load link to save as.

Cheers Michael.

--
sent from mizilla thunderbird

Mike B

Would you happen to have the, Full Screen, setting enabled?  It's in the, View menu, alt + V.  Also, make sure your window is maximized  Press, Alt + spacebar, then press the letter, X.

Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2020 5:57 PM
Subject: Re: jaws question

Yes rebooted and its only happend on IE in chrome it works fine.

So very strange unless its a facebook thing i was wanting to down load a
photo from facebook.

so was doing a context menu on the down load link to save as.

Cheers Michael.

--
sent from mizilla thunderbird

Bill White

Hi, Michael. Have you tried using Windows Narrator with Internet Explorer to see if you can get the context menu with SHIFT plus F10? I realize that Narrator doesn't navigate well with Narrator, but at least you could see if the problem persists while JAWS is not running. This way, you could determine if the problem is with JAWS or if it is with Internet Explorer itself.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

Hi guys just noticed in internet explore that when i want to do a
contex menu with shift f 10 jaws will not speek the contex menu jjusta ding.

Is their a setting i have oltered in jaws for this to happen.

Using latest jaws on win 10.

The menu works on desktop.

Cheers Michael.

michaeel's mail

yes i did that i also did a jaws repair.

And an IE reset and still the same.

This only happens on IE the context menue of shift f 10 works in chrome and on destop.

Cheers Michael.

--
sent from mizilla thunderbird

michaeel's mail

cheers Michael.Oops Bill yes narrator did read the context menu just fine.

--
sent from mizilla thunderbird

Bill White

Well, That suggests that something about your JAWS installation is bad. I am also using Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.836).

If you are using the same Windows version and build, you might want to totally uninstall JAWS, reinstall it, and don't migrate settings from any previous JAWS version.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...