From: Marie
Sent: Sunday, May 31, 2020 11:32 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: Windows Live Mail Stopped Working in Windows 10 2004 20H1

By the way, I mis-spoke when I said WLM was more powerful than Outlook. Outlook is probably the most powerful email client but has way too many features that I don’t need or want to contend with. WLM fits my needs and that is what everyone require from their client.
Like most things in the computing world, if you like a program and it fits your nee
ds, it is the best for you.
From: Nermin via groups.io [mailto:voy44=yahoo.de@groups.io]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Sunday, May 31, 2020, 3:31 AM
Hi all,

just to let you know that said programme does not work anymore.
It seems I am able to receive e-mail, but they do not open and display an
error along the lines of: "Low memory or disk space.", neither of which is
true.
This convertible has 12 gigs of ram and a 512 GB SSD.

I've tried Outlook and Thunderbird, but both have their different quirks.

Outlook will often crash when trying to scroll through messages, or produce
weird errors and not load at all. A PC restart usually fixes that, but for
such an advanced software, this is not really acceptable.
Also, there is this weird search area present in every inbox, can this be
deactivated so I can jump from the message list to the folder tree view?
Opening e-mail in Outlook usually takes longer, and sometimes I need to
press enter twice.
I've disabled animations wherever possible. are there any settings I can
try to make it a bit less sluggish?
The version I'm using is: Microsoft Outlook Abonnement Version
16.0.12730.20352.

Thunderbird seems to be less resource hungry, however, I cannot seem to
reorder columns for me to hear "unread, attachment" etc. before the actual
email, and hear the sender's name like I was used to in Live Mail.

Are there any settings I should be aware of in Thunderbird?
The version is Thunderbird 68.8.1.

Thanks for any insights.

Nermin

.

Marie

[...]

Wrong!! I am running Win 10 1909 and Jaws 2020 and using WLM on my laptop and desktop every day with no problems. Works as usual and in my opinion easier, mor powerful and faster than either Thunderbird or Outlook.
You need to try doing a repair or a total re-install of WLM. Good luck.
Marie