Topics

moderated alert open emty document

Mario

doesn't the recognition In JAWS 2020 automatically maximize the PDF before applying it's OCR?

-------- Original Message --------
From: Richard Turner [mailto:richardturner42@outlook.com]
To: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Wednesday, May 27, 2020, 9:57 AM
Subject: alert open emty document
Actually, you do not have to save the document first, just open it from
the attachment, then the Jaws OCR will work fine.

I would make sure it was maximized though before doing the OCr.

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland,
Oregon.

*From:* main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> *On Behalf Of *Ashleigh
Piccinino
*Sent:* Wednesday, May 27, 2020 6:53 AM
*To:* main@jfw.groups.io
*Subject:* Re: alert open emty document

I think you have to save the attachment, go into it on whatever folder
you saved it into, and try reading it that way. You might have to use
the JAWS OCR feature, so press the following keystrokes. The layered
command is insert and spacebar. Important, this is the insert key on
your numberpad of a full keyboard for desktop. After pressing this,
press o for OCR and d for document. Hope this helps.

On May 23, 2020, at 2:05 AM, Amir Shah <4amir.shah@gmail.com
<mailto:4amir.shah@gmail.com>> wrote:

Hi guys my name is amir shah. I am using jaws 2020 on my machine.
When I receive  a attachment,  When I open the attachment jaws will
alert me with a message that “say” alert open empty document .
before when I open the attachment jaws will  let me no if I want to
 scan the document even when I scan the document it will  say the
same thing.  So what do I do. Thank you  for any  suggestion

Richard Turner

Actually, you do not have to save the document first, just open it from the attachment, then the Jaws OCR will work fine.

I would make sure it was maximized though before doing the OCr.

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Ashleigh Piccinino
Sent: Wednesday, May 27, 2020 6:53 AM
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Re: alert open emty document

I think you have to save the attachment, go into it on whatever folder you saved it into, and try reading it that way. You might have to use the JAWS OCR feature, so press the following keystrokes. The layered command is insert and spacebar. Important, this is the insert key on your numberpad of a full keyboard for desktop. After pressing this, press o for OCR and d for document. Hope this helps.

On May 23, 2020, at 2:05 AM, Amir Shah <4amir.shah@...> wrote:

Hi guys my name is amir shah. I am using jaws 2020 on my machine. When I receive  a attachment,  When I open the attachment jaws will alert me with a message that “say” alert open empty document . before when I open the attachment jaws will  let me no if I want to  scan the document even when I scan the document it will  say the same thing.  So what do I do. Thank you  for any  suggestion  

Ashleigh Piccinino

I think you have to save the attachment, go into it on whatever folder you saved it into, and try reading it that way. You might have to use the JAWS OCR feature, so press the following keystrokes. The layered command is insert and spacebar. Important, this is the insert key on your numberpad of a full keyboard for desktop. After pressing this, press o for OCR and d for document. Hope this helps.

On May 23, 2020, at 2:05 AM, Amir Shah <4amir.shah@...> wrote:

Hi guys my name is amir shah. I am using jaws 2020 on my machine. When I receive  a attachment,  When I open the attachment jaws will alert me with a message that “say” alert open empty document . before when I open the attachment jaws will  let me no if I want to  scan the document even when I scan the document it will  say the same thing.  So what do I do. Thank you  for any  suggestion  

Amir Shah

Okay, thank you  guys for the  help

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of James Malone
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 4:01 AM

Hi Amir, James Malone here. Try Alt space, O for OCR, then press the letter d so Jaws can Scan the document.

Hope this helps.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Amir Shah
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 4:07 PM
To: jfw@groups.io

Richard Turner

If you have Openbook installed, the Freedom Import Printer will be one of the printer options.

Open the document, hit print control+p and select Freedom Import Printer.

That will cause Openbook to open and scan the document.

Then you can save or copy and paste the text somewhere else.

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland, Oregon.

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Andrew Summers via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 8:45 AM

How do you use freedom import printer?

Andrew

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: 23 May 2020 15:12

You might be able to use open book and freedom import printer.

Thanks.

Justin

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Shirley Tracy
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 8:35 AM

Hi Amir,

That means someone has scanned the message in, instead of keying it in. In other words, they took a picture of it with a camera. The only way you might be able to read it is to use OCR. Although it might be a picture rather than text. I notice that someone else has already told you how: alt plus space; then O and then D.   

Shirley Tracy

Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 3:05 AM

Andrew Summers

How do you use freedom import printer?

Andrew

From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Williams
Sent: 23 May 2020 15:12

Thanks.

Justin

Hi Amir,

That means someone has scanned the message in, instead of keying it in. In other words, they took a picture of it with a camera. The only way you might be able to read it is to use OCR. Although it might be a picture rather than text. I notice that someone else has already told you how: alt plus space; then O and then D.   

Shirley Tracy

Justin Williams

Thanks.

Justin

Hi Amir,

Shirley Tracy

Shirley Tracy

Hi Amir,

Shirley Tracy

James Malone

Hi Amir, James Malone here. Try Alt space, O for OCR, then press the letter d so Jaws can Scan the document.

Hope this helps.

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Amir Shah
Sent: Friday, May 22, 2020 4:07 PM

James Malone

Did you also press OCR, then the letter D for document?

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Richard Turner
Sent: Saturday, May 23, 2020 3:01 AM

If doing OCR still says its empty, then maybe it is empty?

Perhaps just a picture that has no text?

Can you get someone to look at it?

Or try using Picture Smart instead of Convenient OCR?

Richard

Linus to Charlie Brown: "Worrying won't stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good."

Sent with the iPhone SE 2020

www.turner42.com

On May 23, 2020, at 12:05 AM, Amir Shah <4amir.shah@...> wrote:

Richard Turner

If doing OCR still says its empty, then maybe it is empty?
Perhaps just a picture that has no text?
Can you get someone to look at it?
Or try using Picture Smart instead of Convenient OCR?

Richard

Linus to Charlie Brown: "Worrying won't stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good."

Sent with the iPhone SE 2020
www.turner42.com

On May 23, 2020, at 12:05 AM, Amir Shah <4amir.shah@...> wrote:

Amir Shah