moderated allrecipes.com, searchbox missing

Ann Byrne

Working with a student on allrecipes.com.  Monday when  we opened the site on her computer there was a searchbox and JAWS read “find a recipe”.  Wednesday, when we opened the site, there was no searchbox.  I did a JAWS find for ‘find a recipe”; nada.  Did a JAWS find for “find”; nothing.  I opened the site on my computer and there was the searchbox.  I double checked the address bars on both machines and they are the same.

Where the heck has the searchbox gone?  How do I rediscover it?

Thanks for any magic you can shed on this.

Ann

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Ann. Maybe it has something to do with the browser's cache. Try refreshing the page with CONTROL plus F5. This should bypass anything in the cache, and give you the original page, from which nothing has been searched.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...

Working with a student on allrecipes.com.  Monday when  we opened the site on her computer there was a searchbox and JAWS read “find a recipe”.  Wednesday, when we opened the site, there was no searchbox.  I did a JAWS find for ‘find a recipe”; nada.  Did a JAWS find for “find”; nothing.  I opened the site on my computer and there was the searchbox.  I double checked the address bars on both machines and they are the same.

Where the heck has the searchbox gone?  How do I rediscover it?

Thanks for any magic you can shed on this.

Ann

Justin Williams

Try shift control delete to delete the cashe and cookies.

See if that works.

Justin

Working with a student on allrecipes.com.  Monday when  we opened the site on her computer there was a searchbox and JAWS read “find a recipe”.  Wednesday, when we opened the site, there was no searchbox.  I did a JAWS find for ‘find a recipe”; nada.  Did a JAWS find for “find”; nothing.  I opened the site on my computer and there was the searchbox.  I double checked the address bars on both machines and they are the same.

Where the heck has the searchbox gone?  How do I rediscover it?

Thanks for any magic you can shed on this.

Ann

Pramit

Hi Ann,

Hit Ctrl + R to reload the page once and do clear the browsing data which is located under Privacy and security in Settings.

Pramit