JAWS and Word 2016

Christi Payne <cmp1994@...>

Does anyone know if there are any good tutorials available for using JAWS 18 and Word 2016?  I am a medical transcriptionist and just recently upgraded to these two programs.  I am finding it very difficult to navigate the ribbon menus in Word 2016.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Christi

Steve Griffiths

Hi Christi,

I've just answered the same question for another person on the list with a link to a full guide.

Additionally, if you want to find out more about the ribbon, a good starting point might be the link below. It goes to an explanation of the ribbon as used in File Explorer on Windows 8, but I think the navigation is the same, or at least similar, for Word 2016.

http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/File-Explorer-8p1-Guide.html#ribbon

Thanks,

Steve 🐾

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christi Payne
Sent: 06 December 2017 16:11
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS and Word 2016

Does anyone know if there are any good tutorials available for using JAWS 18 and Word 2016?  I am a medical transcriptionist and just recently upgraded to these two programs.  I am finding it very difficult to navigate the ribbon menus in Word 2016.

Christi

This email and any attachment to it are confidential. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose either the message or any information contained in the message.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this email and notify the sender immediately.
Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender only, unless otherwise stated.
All emails, incoming and outgoing, may be recorded by Guide Dogs and monitored for legitimate business purposes.
Guide Dogs exclude all liability for any loss or damage arising or resulting from the receipt, use or transmission of this email to the fullest extent permitted by law.

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
Tel: 0118 983 5555
Email: guidedogs@...
Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG.
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales (209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Christi Payne <cmp1994@...>

Thank you.  I will definitely check it out.

Sent: December 08, 2017 09:06 AM
Subject: Re: JAWS and Word 2016

Hi Christi,

I've just answered the same question for another person on the list with a link to a full guide.

Additionally, if you want to find out more about the ribbon, a good starting point might be the link below. It goes to an explanation of the ribbon as used in File Explorer on Windows 8, but I think the navigation is the same, or at least similar, for Word 2016.

http://vip.chowo.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/jaws/File-Explorer-8p1-Guide.html#ribbon

Thanks,

Steve 🐾

From: main@jfw.groups.io [mailto:main@jfw.groups.io] On Behalf Of Christi Payne
Sent: 06 December 2017 16:11
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: JAWS and Word 2016

Christi

This email and any attachment to it are confidential. Unless you are the intended recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose either the message or any information contained in the message.
If you are not the intended recipient, you should delete this email and notify the sender immediately.
Any views or opinions expressed in this email are those of the sender only, unless otherwise stated.
All emails, incoming and outgoing, may be recorded by Guide Dogs and monitored for legitimate business purposes.
Guide Dogs exclude all liability for any loss or damage arising or resulting from the receipt, use or transmission of this email to the fullest extent permitted by law.

The Guide Dogs for the Blind Association
Tel: 0118 983 5555
Email: guidedogs@...
Registered Office: Hillfields, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3YG.
A company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales (291646) and a charity registered in England and Wales (209617) and Scotland (SC038979).

Ann Byrne

There are free JAWS webinars about the ribbon and about Word 2016.At 08:06 AM 12/8/2017, you wrote: