moderated Eudora

Ann Byrne

I would so like to update Eudora instead of giving it up. I tried following
the instructions posted yesterday and did something wrong ... because Eudora
still doesn't work.

If anyone could write off list and talk me through the upgrade, it would be
great. BTW, with Eudora it is sooooo easy to find the address of a sender.
I will post my return, since it's a pain to find it in Outlook 2019.

Thanks tons.

Ann
annakb@sbcglobal.net

Dave Durber

Gerald:

When Windows performs a major update, as is supposed to be the case for the soon to be released major update for Windows 10, before updating the system Windows normally creates a backup in a separate folder. When the update has been completed, you can check your system to see wich programs no longer exist following the update. Having done that, you can go to the Windows backup folder, and depending whether the system is a 32 or 64 bit operating system, you can copy/move the program folder to the same location in the Windows folder. Once you have done that, you can run the program, and, if necessary, make any changes to the program.

For me, when Windows notifies me of the new update, I will use Image For Windows, to make a backup of my system drive, just in case the update does not go according to plan. In that case, I can restore my system to its original state, and try updating again.

Dave