moderated Jaws 2019 not accessing links

Tammy Freitag

I am using Jaws 2019 on my Windows 10 laptop with Brave as my browser.  When I am on a web page and press the enter key on a link, nothing happens.  I have tried lining up the links and then press the enter key.  I arrowed up and then back down to the link before pressing the enter key and nothing happens.

This happened even when I use the Chrome browser.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tammy

Avast logo

Richard Turner

Try hitting tab.
Then enter.

Richard

Linus to Charlie Brown: "Worrying won't stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good."

Sent with the iPhone SE 2020
www.turner42.com

On May 18, 2020, at 1:12 PM, Tammy Freitag <ms.sunflower61@...> wrote:

I am using Jaws 2019 on my Windows 10 laptop with Brave as my browser.  When I am on a web page and press the enter key on a link, nothing happens.  I have tried lining up the links and then press the enter key.  I arrowed up and then back down to the link before pressing the enter key and nothing happens.

This happened even when I use the Chrome browser.

Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Tammy

Avast logo

Bill White <billwhite92701@...>

Hi, Tammy. This happens because when you are in a browser, most of the time, arrowing moves the Virtual Cursor, not the PC Cursor. If you use the TAB key to move to the links, you are actually focused on the link. You can also use INSERT (or JAWS Key), plus F7 to enter the links list. You should be able to activate the link from the Links List by pressing ENTER on the link if you Arrow to the link shown in the Links List.

Bill White

billwhite92701@...