From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Anna Givens
Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 2:21 PM
To: Jaws List <main@jfw.groups.io>
Subject: problems with composing email in gmail with chrome

I still have not understood why sometimes when I do enter or up or down arrow when proofreading emails I am composing, it takes me out of the message text area. I can tab back in or whatever but then it will happen again after a few lines. It's frustrating. Also, it will occasionally just not read a line in the middle of my text, actually it reads the same line twice, even though visually it is clearly on a different line and says something different.
Please please help.
So much appreciated.

Anna

Bill White

Hi, Anna. I almost never compose any email within the text field offered online. What I usually do is to compose the email offline (usually in Notepad), then paste that content into the text field online. This gives me the opportunity to carefully proofread before sending, because I can proofread it in Notepad before pasting it into the online text field.

Bill White
billwhite92701@...

I still have not understood why sometimes when I do enter or up or
down arrow when proofreading emails I am composing, it takes me out of
the message text area. I can tab back in or whatever but then it will
happen again after a few lines. It's frustrating. Also, it will
occasionally just not read a line in the middle of my text, actually
it reads the same line twice, even though visually it is clearly on a
different line and says something different.
Please please help.
So much appreciated.

Anna

Tammy Freitag

I have had that happen. I unloaded Jaws and turned it back on again. That helped.
Hope that helps!
Tammy

I have the exact same problem with exiting the edit box when I hit enter to go to a new line in my gmail account.

I still have not understood why sometimes when I do enter or up or down arrow when proofreading emails I am composing, it takes me out of the message text area. I can tab back in or whatever but then it will happen again after a few lines. It's frustrating. Also, it will occasionally just not read a line in the middle of my text, actually it reads the same line twice, even though visually it is clearly on a different line and says something different.
Please please help.
So much appreciated.

Anna

Anna Givens

Ok but this is something that happens probably every single time I am writing an email.

Anna

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 05:15 PM, Anna Givens wrote:
Ok but this is something that happens probably every single time I am writing an email.
Which indicates a problem, as it's atypical, and that should be followed up with several entities, given the information offered:

1. Freedom Scientific Technical Support.  E-mail:  support@... or Phone: (727) 803-8600, 8:30 AM - 7:00 PM Mon-Friday Eastern Time

2.  Google Accessibility:  Google Accessibility Get In Touch Page

Contact the Google Disability Support Team

When you have an atypical situation then pursuing technical support is the way to get it fixed.

I'd start with the folks at Freedom Scientific, as too many people use Gmail webmail under Chrome and other browsers without issue.  But you could need to uninstall and reinstall Chrome (which FS tech support would probably suggest as part of their diagnostics anyway).

       ~ Lawrence Krauss