From: main@jfw.groups.io <main@jfw.groups.io> On Behalf Of Shai
Sent: 13 May 2020 04:52
To: main@jfw.groups.io
Subject: Zoom with JAWS and bluetooth headphones

Hello,
When I open zoom and have my aftershocks bluetooth headphones connected, I discover that I lose JAWS speech. I am using the latest version of JAWS2020. Audio from zoom also does not come through.
Has anyone else noticed this? I did install silenzio because I noticed that sound had been choppy but I have also tried uninstalling it and also uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom to no avail.
Thank you in advance for any responses.

soner

Hello, I lose my speach even in normal Desktop use after I got
connected to my Sony 1000X m3 via bluetooth.

On 5/13/20, Shai <shaiwol@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,
When I open zoom and have my aftershocks bluetooth headphones
connected, I discover that I lose JAWS speech. I am using the latest
version of JAWS2020. Audio from zoom also does not come through.
Has anyone else noticed this? I did install silenzio because I noticed
that sound had been choppy but I have also tried uninstalling it and
also uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom to no avail.
Thank you in advance for any responses.

Richard Turner

It is probably time for those of you experiencing this bluetooth audio issue to call Microsoft Accessibility to find out why the bluetooth channel in Windows cannot seem to handle this.
800-936-5900

Richard

Linus to Charlie Brown: "Worrying won't stop the bad stuff from happening, it just stops you from enjoying the good."

Sent with the iPhone SE 2020
www.turner42.com

On 5/13/20, Shai <shaiwol@...> wrote:
Hello,
When I open zoom and have my aftershocks bluetooth headphones
connected, I discover that I lose JAWS speech. I am using the latest
version of JAWS2020. Audio from zoom also does not come through.
Has anyone else noticed this? I did install silenzio because I noticed
that sound had been choppy but I have also tried uninstalling it and
also uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom to no avail.
Thank you in advance for any responses.

Nermin

Hi, Alison,

try to check your sound settings in the Zoom app.
Most audio settings are set up in such a way that zoom has control over what device is chosen and it sets the volume automatically to avoid feedback from people's speakers.
I cannot tell you the exact wording since my Zoom is in German, but I'm sure others can chime in here.
Also, you may want to set up your speaer and microphone in such a way that the app will use the same devices as your Windows does per default. That can also be done in settings.
Finally, meeting hosts have the possibility of setting up "original sound" and "Stereo" so that anyone can change their audio and turn off all the aggressive sound pre-processing Zoom performs on incoming audio.
However, this has to be done online through the web interface.

Hope that helps,
Nermin

Milton Ota

Hi,
I had the same problem you described. Tried changing the setting in Zoom without speech was not possible but I'll try it again later today and see if I can do it with Narrator to see if it fixes the problem.

I'm guessing that it must be a problem with the frequency/channel the blutooth and the computers blutooth card/adapter are not communicating with each other.

This may be also a message to Aftershokz to see what they say.

Milton

When I open zoom and have my aftershocks bluetooth headphones connected, I discover that I lose JAWS speech. I am using the latest version of JAWS2020. Audio from zoom also does not come through.
Has anyone else noticed this? I did install silenzio because I noticed that sound had been choppy but I have also tried uninstalling it and also uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom to no avail.
Thank you in advance for any responses.

Judy Redlich <jredlichspeaks@...>

I tried out several kinds of wireless head phones with Jaws working with Zoom, and found my corded over the ear just works great. It also has a round button where you can control your volume and whether it's muted or not. They don't make them anymore, otherwise I'd highly recommend them. My corded one works great
Judy

When I open zoom and have my aftershocks bluetooth headphones connected, I discover that I lose JAWS speech. I am using the latest version of JAWS2020. Audio from zoom also does not come through.
Has anyone else noticed this? I did install silenzio because I noticed that sound had been choppy but I have also tried uninstalling it and also uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom to no avail.
Thank you in advance for any responses.

Gmail Jonas

I find this Bluetooth one to work very good& longer battery life about 16 H!
Avantree Bluetooth
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=B07TJNGTWv&;camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=ur2&linkId=abfcbf5f7d103adf436635095f80a9f7&tag=blindstuff-20&ref=as_li_qf_sp_sr_tl

I tried out several kinds of wireless head phones with Jaws working with Zoom, and found my corded over the ear just works great. It also has a round button where you can control your volume and whether it's muted or not. They don't make them anymore, otherwise I'd highly recommend them. My corded one works great Judy -----Original Message-----

When I open zoom and have my aftershocks bluetooth headphones connected, I discover that I lose JAWS speech. I am using the latest version of JAWS2020. Audio from zoom also does not come through.
Has anyone else noticed this? I did install silenzio because I noticed that sound had been choppy but I have also tried uninstalling it and also uninstalling and reinstalling Zoom to no avail.
Thank you in advance for any responses.

Jessica D

Hi,
I'm having this issue too.
I plan to report it to Freedom Scientific tomorrow.

Regards,
Jessica

On May 13, 2020, at 8:10 AM, Nermin via groups.io <voy44=yahoo.de@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

David Diamond

I use an audio mixer from Amazon.  The way it works is, JAWS is set to go through the mixer as is my Bluetooth hearing aids.  This way I hear everything.  The Zoom meetings and everything that can be seen by the host or other participants.  Who has left, who has joined etcetera. I believe the mixer cost $39.95.  No taxes or shipping costs.

kevin meyers

I have encountered the problem with Jaws2020 not talking. I can still hear the host of the meeting and anyone else present. I was thinking of calling Freedom Scientific and this would be like beating a dead horse.