Topics

moderated Zoom and unable to close out

kevin meyers

Hello, I’m using most recent version of Jaws2020, windows and zoom. The other day I was on a Zoom call and when I tried to close out, Jaws was unable to read anything. I pressed alt F4 and still couldn’t get out of it. I pressed alt tab and nothing happen. I could still hear the people still on the call talking. The only thing I could do is a hard shut down. When I did this I heard a buzzing noise until the PC was shut down. What could have caused not being able to end call? Thanks, Kevin

Richard Turner

Did you try to just close zoom, or did you click on the Leave meeting button?

My guess is you tried to close out without leaving the meeting, thus left yourself hung up in the meeting.

If that isn’t what happened, the only other thing I would have tried was using Task Manager to end the Zoom task.

Richard

Hello, I’m using most recent version of Jaws2020, windows and zoom. The other day I was on a Zoom call and when I tried to close out, Jaws was unable to read anything. I pressed alt F4 and still couldn’t get out of it. I pressed alt tab and nothing happen. I could still hear the people still on the call talking. The only thing I could do is a hard shut down. When I did this I heard a buzzing noise until the PC was shut down. What could have caused not being able to end call? Thanks, Kevin

CJ &AA MAY

I think you need to leave the meeting before you close Zoom

Alison

Hello, I’m using most recent version of Jaws2020, windows and zoom. The other day I was on a Zoom call and when I tried to close out, Jaws was unable to read anything. I pressed alt F4 and still couldn’t get out of it. I pressed alt tab and nothing happen. I could still hear the people still on the call talking. The only thing I could do is a hard shut down. When I did this I heard a buzzing noise until the PC was shut down. What could have caused not being able to end call? Thanks, Kevin

kevin meyers

When I tabbed while in Zoom Jaws didn’t say anything. I had the volume turned all the way up as it was a virtual spin class. When class was over the instructor and other were still talking. Since the volume was so loud I couldn’t hear Jaws very well. I did press control, alt and delete to bring up task manager and once again because the volume was up and people were still talking I couldn’t tell if task manager was open. Even it was I wouldn’t been able to kill the zoom session as I couldn’t tell which task it was. Iwonderif there is a way to route Jaws to one speaker and the Zoom meeting to the other speaker.

Hello, I’m using most recent version of Jaws2020, windows and zoom. The other day I was on a Zoom call and when I tried to close out, Jaws was unable to read anything. I pressed alt F4 and still couldn’t get out of it. I pressed alt tab and nothing happen. I could still hear the people still on the call talking. The only thing I could do is a hard shut down. When I did this I heard a buzzing noise until the PC was shut down. What could have caused not being able to end call? Thanks, Kevin

Steve Matzura

Pressing Alt + F4 displays a dialog that contains, among other things, a "Leave meeting" button. Activate that, then you can shut Zoom down. Realize, too, that closing the Zoom window with another Alt + F4 doesn't actually shut anything down; it just sends it to the system tray. If you really want Zoom gone from memory, that has to be done by selecting "Exit" from Zoom's system tray menu.

From: kevin meyers [mailto:kman2020@wi.rr.com]
To: <main@jfw.groups.io>
Date: Monday, May 11, 2020, 12:21 PM
I think my sound card is part of the mother board. Is then even possible
to add a second sound card?

* *Ctrl+Alt+Shift*: Move focus to Zoom's meeting controls

As a host, it lands you on the end meeting button.

I suspect as a participant, it should land you on the leave meeting button.

This is where a braille display would help a lot.

I suppose you could try using two sound cards, but that is something
I’ve never done.

Richard

"There's a nap for that." - an anonymous cat in a window in Portland,
Oregon.

Hello, I’m using most recent version of Jaws2020, windows and zoom. The
other day I was on a Zoom call and when I tried to close out, Jaws was
unable to read anything. I pressed alt F4 and still couldn’t get out of
it. I pressed alt tab and nothing happen. I could still hear the people
still on the call talking. The only thing I could do is a hard shut
down. When I did this I heard a buzzing noise until the PC was shut
down. What could have caused not being able to end call? Thanks, Kevin

Steve Matzura

Possible? You're an Internet broadcaster, right? Or are you asking if it's possible to add one to the motherboard, the answer to which is no? LOL

On 5/11/2020 12:21 PM, kevin meyers wrote:

I think my sound card is part of the mother board. Is then even possible to add a second sound card?

  • Ctrl+Alt+Shift: Move focus to Zoom's meeting controls

As a host, it lands you on the end meeting button.

I suspect as a participant, it should land you on the leave meeting button.

This is where a braille display would help a lot.

I suppose you could try using two sound cards, but that is something I’ve never done.

Steve Matzura

USB works, too. I use Zoom, TeamTalk, TeamSpeak, etc., and a screenreader, all with my Behringer X32 and the X-Live card, each on its own channel pair.

On 5/11/2020 12:29 PM, Mario wrote:
yes, it's possible.  make sure it's the correct type of expansion card that the mobo supports (PCI, PCI Express, etc).

I think my sound card is part of the mother board. Is then even possible
to add a second sound card?

Hello, I’m using most recent version of Jaws2020, windows and zoom. The
other day I was on a Zoom call and when I tried to close out, Jaws was
unable to read anything. I pressed alt F4 and still couldn’t get out of
it. I pressed alt tab and nothing happen. I could still hear the people
still on the call talking. The only thing I could do is a hard shut
down. When I did this I heard a buzzing noise until the PC was shut
down. What could have caused not being able to end call? Thanks, Kevin

John Covici

What sound card is that? Is it the x-live card? I am not familiar
with it and it sounds like I might want to transition my screen reader
to an external sound card, if it works and Windows does not stop using
it randomly, which I have seen with some I have tried.

On Mon, 11 May 2020 13:55:25 -0400,
Steve Matzura wrote:

[...]

How do
you spend it?

John Covici wb2una
covici@ccs.covici.com

Marty Hutchings

Kevin,  Did you get an answer to your question?

Love in Christ
Marty
Ephesians 6:12, 13

Sent: Monday, May 11, 2020 11:21 AM